Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stealth Exhaust Popping Issues

I'm familiar with ECMspy by name only. Buell changed their bikes from 2008 and I was told ECMspy was not updated for the newer XB's although it could still be used to some extent I understand. The piggyback TFI I use was a cheap easy solution and it did make some difference. I'm sure compared to a proper tuned ECU it's not so good. Where I live we have no tuners who can help and I'm not brave enough to mess with my bike. My biggest concern is that I've spent thousands on my bikes for one thing or another and my experience with Buell is that it's a "suck it and see" type of experience and I don't have the cash these days to experiment further. If there was a definite upgrade I would consider it.

At the moment, performance wise my bike is 100% stock and whilst it's a quick bike it does feel flat by comparison. I've ordered Iridium plugs and when they come I will put the plugs, K&N and TFI back on again. I've made an offer for a Stealth Exhaust which I'd be surprised if it's accepted but we'll see. Other than that I don't want to throw any more money at the bike chasing more power because I think unless you know what you are doing, it is a suck it and see experiment. My Harley dealer didn't have a clue about the Buells, they just sold them so no help from them which was a surprise considering they are always upgrading their bikes from Stock with louder pipes, TFI's and K&N type filters.

Lastly, even EBR ECU's don't deal with the always on fan cycle. So all I can hear is this fan on all the time. I wear ear plugs and it's still noticeable. When I bought the bike the fan came on when I stopped but when they brought out their latest firmware the fan is now always on. It is one of my pet peeves about the bike cause it's a noisy horrible fan.

I had the same problems with the stealth exhaust and k&n filter on my xb12 s 08 , i have just fitted the race ecm for the drummer exhaust as the calibration was similar, what a difference, no popping and now pulls like a train.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234