Thread: buell detachable bags versus cortech sport bags

Can anyone tell me the difference between them other than price?? Need a small set of bags for my 09 XB12Ss and am torn between these two.

I've got the cortech bags on my 06 xb12ss. Love them. Most of the time I use just the tail bag, for longer trips I add the saddle bags. Quick-release connectors make adding/removing very quick and painless. Build quality is excellent. I haven't seen better bags.

I second that

I have the sport bags for my XB12R (see my pictures) and they fit like they were made for the bike. Sorry I dont have any input for the Buell bags.

I've got the Buell bags. they are good, but attaching the trunk bag by itself isn't possible without some home made straps, which I haven't made yet. Don't need the saddle bags all the time, so wish it was easier. buckles are some strange import buckle so having a hard time finding some to make a strap to tie down the trunk. quality is good on the trunk. I like the solid shape of the saddle bags, but the cover skin material is delaminating from the rigid portion of the bag. just cosmetic though.

I also have the cortech sport bags (saddle and tail tribag system). They are easy to put on, plenty of space and not too bulky, and the price isn't bad either. Its getting to be a real pain to track down Buell accessories these days, and you pay a premium when you find em.

I have been looking at getting some bags for my R but I am really concerned with most saddle bags. I had an older bike get scrathed up due to slight movement of the bags while attached. How well do the cortech bags stay put? Do they lay right on the cowl??

I have thought about getting a spare rear seat and fabricate some sort of trunk/bag system that would just lock into place instead of the rear seat. My concern with this would be the amount of weight the mechanism could hold safely/secuirley.

Has anyone done this or considered it? Ideas or comments?

Thanks for all the input. I ordered the Cortech bags this morning. Looking forward to putting them to good use.

treyflee-
    the cortech bags have a neopreme backing...no scratches.