Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cool!!!

http://tinyurl.com/25lfen5

I just wonder how much $$$$?

Good find, and really cool! I had looked for a good example of an open primary XB before and couldn't find one, just Sportster ones that said they would work on the thunderstorm. Not that I really want to or can afford to do an open primary, its still really neat.

Oh man, that's awesome! I'd love to have an open primary, but I would just be way too concerned that I would get something between the belt and a pulley. I'm paranoid enough about the belt on the back wheel, but at least it's skinny enough that chances of something getting stuck are pretty slim. that belt is wide enough and nothing has a way to escape out the back that I can picture myself taking a left turn and having a rock bounce right into that little gap.

Still looks very clean though. It just needs one more piece to cover up that top portion above the rear pulley so it looks complete.

That does look pretty sweet!

One less thing to oil. :D:D:D

I have to admit, I am not a fan! I think it looks a little too busy and messy. It is a cool idea, don't get me wrong, I just don't really like it.

check that setup out, ohlins rear, replaced swingarm, good forks new front end, chain drive. THAT is a nice race setup.

I remember seeing this a while back on buelletinboard, and if I remember right the price tag was somewhere near 2k.
    Not only are you looking at the price of the open primary assembly but you are also looking at the cost of rebuilding your Motor. These motors have to be torn completely apart to get to the transmissions so they can be properly sealed up for the Open Primary to work on these bikes. Your probably looking at an excess of $5000
    another person searched on there and found this
    Found this right off by searching "Sportster open primary kit" on Google. It even mentions Buells up to 02. $2300 is still steep.
    so bottom line on that is, the open primary will run about as much as some of us paid for the whole bike.

Oh dont worry I had no intention of buying it, just wasnt something i have seen on here..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast