Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about Picking up a Harley..

Hard to get past the Sportster = women's bike image. I had an 07 Roadster, and it was one hell of a fun bike, but no where as fun as my 07 Lightning SS and my Lightning was picked up used with low miles for 5K. I see a lot of people pick up a Sportster only to find that they wished they had bought a bigger Harley.... if it's a Harley you want. Resale on the new Sportsters really sucks too and then your stuck with it.

while i understand why everyone here says go for the 1200 i dont see how it makes sense since the 1200 in my Scg will eat up the 1200 in the sportsters. I'm not getting it to go fast, if anyone can actually fathom that idea. Maybe the 883 is a girls bike, and I appreciate everyone reminding me, but I like it :D If it makes anyone feel better...if the superlow came with the 1200 id opt for it, but since it doesnt, and i like the bikes ride, not its engine, then screw it.

I like the price. I like the look. I like the way it rides. I like that i can putt around on that all day and keep my 3300mile Scg nice and clean.

The amount of people Ive showed pics of the sportster today that liked it was a straight 100%. And that includes the females ;) Maybe they just dont know that its a girls bike lol...sure wont stop em from throwing their asses on the back of it tho :D

if you like it get it my post was only ment to inform you.not trying to change your mind.

It's a good looking bike for sure! Personal pride in you ride means a lot to a rider. I didn't mean to try discourage you, only telling you my personal experience. Like I said, Sportsters are fun bikes.

why u trying to keep the buell low on miles? I ride the **** outta mine, thas what I bought it for. As for a girls bike an all that, buy whatcha like. Im moving onto a Supermoto this spring, less 5-0 attention and more fun for my area i think.

Keep her on two wheels.

I've got a few bikes. They are all fun and each has its own purpose. My Ducati 999 is like having a centerfold living 24/7 in there, but when I get off a hard days work and look in the garage, rippin up the California Central Coast on my Ss is the most fun. Get what makes you happy and enjoy!

Im sorry if i came off like a jerk, didnt mean it like that at all. I certainly do appreciate you guys letting me know its a girls bike..i really was unaware lol. I think u hit the nail on the head...everything has its purpose. The car getting groceries, carrying more than one person or traveling in the rain. The buell when i wanna make a little noise, have a lot of fun and show off...cuz to be honest, it attracts more attn than anything ive ever owned...and the superlow, if i roll with that, to keep me on my 2 wheel journey when im not out in the buell. As for why keeping the miles low on the buell? Why not? I dont see them making anymore and I love it to pieces. Maybe if i keep it long enough itll be worth more than i bought it for. Def dont wanna go racking up thousands a mile a year cuz i just got my endorsement and cant stay of it...rather do that to something else. Im at my local harley every weekend getting free lunch, i love the people, both workers and customers, and i wouldnt mind being part of that little family...especially if itll only cost me a buck twenty to a buck fifty a month....besides i still have space in the garage next to the whip and the buell for something else :D

o and its way kooler than a blast.

i had a nightster 1200 i like the superlow look especially the tank on them. My main reason for getting rid of it was that in one months time about anything electronic on it went out,fyi i bought mine new and spent too much money!(thankfully i paid double payments when i went to trade it in i got a sweet ass deal on my 1125 but i traded it because it was slow, wouldnt not corner the way i wanted it to, with two.. stopping seemed inmpossible and spent several weeks over the summer trying to be diagnosed and fixed. i am very happy with the choice i made, someday i might like to have a cruiser but i love my ginger!!

well u cant compare apples and oranges lol...of course its slow compared to a 1125! I love my buell too and have NO plans of dumping here off...just want something else...to contrast it and keep me out of the car. What do you mean u spent too much? as in I should try and lowball them? I know they arent doing too well but i doubt thell go under MSRP..what do u think? Also cudnt u have lemon lawed it?>

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast