Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New magnaflow exhaust

yea i could of clamped it but its a much cleaner look just welded especially with no chin fairing. as far as heat on the rear tire thats a good thing isnt it? a hot tire is a sticky tire haha. i may eventually put some angled peices on there for looks. O yea and 95 bucks from jardine isnt worth it. i would just go to a muffler shop if i didnt have the jardine already

It's not really a matter of heat that I foresee being a potentual problem with the exhaust exiting straight into the rear tire. It's exhaust soot, which by the way carbon makes for a nice dry lubricant. Also, if you were ever to encounter an engine problem were it might blow oil out, guess where it's aimed at? Other then that, I've been wanting to do this (with angled tips) before I even saw the GB thread and now this one. Great job!

~Mike......

Thats true. I palnned on doing the angles tips originaly but then i decided it was much easier to just leave them how they were. im sure i will do this eventually

here is the vidoe of mine mic crackeld

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEL59ED2u6c

why don't embedded codes work any more??

Didn't ride it much before i put the restictors in it but made it go from open header sound to great.

wide open exhaust is great for hp but kill low end torque. Mines a 9 so it was more than a little and noticecable.
    I am still letting out 1" per side and the inlet pipe was 2" just forces the muffler to work more

I was seriously considering dishing out the $400 and some for a GB exhaust this winter, but maybe ill run this route and buy the elbow from jardine, and buy the magnaflow muffler. I could definitely do it for less then $200 even with buying tips.

Another thing to think about is if the motor eats it and barfs any oil, that is going to go right into your rear tire- highly recommend the angled tips!

i aint scerred

seems to work fine for me

i did the same thing but made a elbow out of a j pipe that i bought at a hotrod shoe and love it. I made some brackets to hold my chin fairing on to. I need to get some tips welded on but i have had zero issue with the exhaust blowing on the tire.

ive only had mine a few days but no issues yet ill let u guys know how it turns out

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast