Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live in Miami? Dont buy a Buell lol

Unless you plan on paying x2 what you should for Harley to mount and balance your tires, and only if you buy from them, or plan on opening your own bike tire shop.

I love my bike to death but damn the exclusivity and trying to get service drives me up the wall sometimes.

Just a rant.

Buy a set of spoons and wheel protectors.

Its very easy to do yourself, there are many help videos on youtube to assist.

Dyna beads allow you to balance with no machine and no ugly weights.

Good luck!

Spoons and wheel protectors? Anyone else using dynabeads? Figured those were like fixaflats and weren't recommended.

That's HD anywhere...I think I remember something like a $300 quote to mount new tires at the dealer here in Vegas. Get an independent shop to do it, found a place to do mine still on the bike for $70, and if I had pulled the wheels off another place would do it for $40.

I meant to try dyna beads when I swapped wheels a few days ago, but didn't get them in time. Heard good things about them, will give them a shot in the future.

I'd take it to ANY other shop besides HD. That's rediculous! I had mine done at a local BMW dealer and they only charged me $20ea!

Tire Iron Set
    Dyna Beads
    Rim protector

I currently run Dyna Beads and recommend them to everyone. 2500 miles into my tire, still no vibration or wobble at high speed or under braking. Its nice not having the weight on there too.

They have videos on that site to help you though it if it is your first time. Half the fun of owning a motorcycle is doing the dirty work yourself.

from being a tech who does tire changes daily, i would recommend finding a independent bike shop, i wouldn't use dynabeads, they tear up the inside of the tire something fierce.

Hey Pockets did you take them the bike or the wheels? My prob is i dont know how to take off the wheels. Even if i wanted to use the dyna beads how do you take off the tire on there now and put the new one on without the mahine? I also dont have bike stands and would prefer just to take the bike somewhere like i would my car and have them do it all. J3sus Chr!st why does this need to be so difficult?

sorry for the dumb question, i see spud posted up some links. Id still rather have someone do it. I do not want to buy bike stands now.

I've run Dynabeads for over 3k now both front and rear. Nice having no visible weights and the dam thing is smooth to boot!

Jim

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast