Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Live in Miami? Dont buy a Buell lol

Which means the average shop will need to know the torque specs for a bike no one wants to work on. Fat chance. Looks like its Harley or nothing lol.

i can give you the specs places like autozone,kreagan and other parts stores have loaner programs but you should have your own for oil changes and other maintenance 10-100 lb range

Sorry what's KTM?
    Austrian for sex ;)

v

but I go to my local Yamaha dealer and they hook me up, they match any online price I can find (including Jake Wilson's sales and sportbike track gear) and install for 20 a tire with the wheels still on the bike.
    for my last set of tires they even gave me an RSV4 to ride while they did the tire swap.

there's an after market shop up in ft lauderdale that is off of 441 i believe. they have a girl that works there that owns a lighting. can't remember the name but i don't there's that many of em.

^ rub it in why don't u lol.

No one even wants to touch my bike other than a few shops that I think just wanna make some money.

Being that they work on yamahas how do they know torque specs and the whole 8 piston issue and the wheel getting scratched?

Bring in your service manual

dont have one. whatever happened to people just knowing how to do this? like...having a CBR?

Not to hijack this thread but in comparison how much easier is it to rebuild a buell 1200 motor over a 4 stroke inline 4 water cooled super hi compression motor any make. or even the rotax?

I know how simple the 1200 thunder storm motor is to rebuild, so my question really is how hard is a higher performance motor then a thunder storm motor?

dont have one. whatever happened to people just knowing how to do this? like...having a CBR?
    they didn't need mine and my rims came back cleaner than I dropped them off but otherwise the same

I have the 6 pot caliper but I can't imagine it being that much more difficult to remove.

and lets face it, Honda's are everywhere, any shop worth its salt has somebody that can work on one. there are probably 3 shops in any good sized city.

but a buell really isn't that hard.

also try printing the pages you need from here, its 2005 (6 pot caliper) and its firebolt but it should put anybody in the ballpark
    maybe if somebody is in the giving mood they can scan the pages out of their 2008 service manual

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast