Thread: More Corey James stories

I realize that these forums were never meant to be a place for "people bashing" or "flaming" someone. But in Corey Jame's place I will make an exception because he is taking advantage of honest hard working people out there.
    I also had a somewhat bad go-a-round with Corey. Until I read nitroandy's problem I thought I might be the only one Corey lied to or took money from and did not diliver the goods. If there is two of us out there, there might be even more which means the Buell community needs to know about Corey James and the stuff he is pulling. I bought a TiForce exhaust from Corey approx. 2 years ago and a set of frame sliders. The TiForce was delivered but Corey said the sliders were on back order and would be approx. 2 weeks for delivery. 2 months later I still did not have the sliders. Numerous e-mails and several phone calls did nothing. He just ignored them. Oh well, I'm out forty bucks. Not that big a deal. It's the principal of the thing you know.
    Last December I received a e-mail from Corey saying that he was selling TWO of his THREE bikes. A XB9R and a X1W. I had sold my XB9R about a year ago and always regretted it and wanted to replace it. The XB Corey was selling was the 03 blue one he had on his web site for the SVVS system. If you read the discription of the bike and the mods done to it you have to be impressed. Corey said he wanted $7000.00 for both bikes or $3500.00 each. (I know what you're thinking, sounds to good to be true, and you're right. It was). But Corey is an excellent B.S.artist and convinced me the low price was due to the fact that he just really needed the money right now. Remembering the frame slider thing I asked him to send me current pics of the bike and a list of ALL the mods done. The pics arrived and the bike looked great. It even had a carbon fiber air box cover on it now. Corey "PROMISED" that ALL the mods listed on the website were done with the exception of the rear shock and the Techlusion processor plus more like ceramic engine bearings, a lite weight clutch basket, new brake pads and more. So I bought the bike and paid the $654.00 for shipping to AZ.
    The bike did arrive and yes it looked great. To be fair I have to say that the bike was very clean and appeared to be in excellent shape. Got it home and fired it up with the ONE key he sent. The bike ran fine but seemed to be no faster then the Stock Ti force equiped XB9 I used to have. Well maybe its because I have been riding a Ducati 749s and a Ducati SPS.
    Let's take a look at the SVVS system and the CNC machined motor mount and the 47mm bored and exstruded honed intake. (Here we go). I take the airbox lid off and find a STOCK intake system. 100% stock. I measured the intake bore. 45mm on the nose not 47mm. Extruded hone job, nope. No race ECM, no Delphi wiring harness, no Delphi plug wires, no NGK plugs.
    I start e-mailing and calling Corey and this is where he starts his "dissappearing" act. It was not until I told him I was contacting a lawyer that I got a response. The short story is that those missing parts must have been swapped to a race teams bike and he "just forgot" to tell me. Now I an wondering about all of those internal engine mods like the custom cams, Wisco pistons, stage 3 head work. Now, I am not a motorcycle mechanic but I have been on this planet for 52 years, have owned close to 20 motorcycles, do almost ALL of my own work and can rebuild a small block chevy in my garage. It does not appear to me that this engine has EVER been out of this frame. In other words I seriously doubt that ANY mods that I can not visually confirm, was ever done.
    Now to be fair again Corey did offer to buy the bike back but I was VERY concerned about sending the bike back to him and felt that I would never see a check for $4165.00 show up in the mail.
    The moral of the story is this. I payed $4165.00 for a 2003 XB9R Buell that was worth $4165.00. I was disapointed that all of the mods that Corey "swore" were done to the bike, were not done. I feel fortunate that the bike showed up at all.
    Here is the scary part. He is trying to sell the W1X now. And as far as the SVVS system goes? Out of Corey's own mouth he said "it does NOT work anyway".
    The funny part is that I told Corey that I would just be happy(and would not be posting this)if he would just send me the extra key and owners manual that (again) he promised. That was a month ago. I am still waiting.

Administrator
    Thanks for the post! Forum posts like this have saved me numerous times with cars, motorcycles, homes, etc. If you don't hear the stories bad people keep getting away with this crap. Most people don't have the time and money to retain a lawyer, so word or mouth, blogs, and other web outlets help the savvy stay safe. Well Corey is 0/2 in the Buell world. Maybe he'll join the forum and repair his name. I emailed three of his email addresses trying to resolve nitroandy's issue and letting him know that people are speaking out against him. He never emailed me back.

Not getting back to you is Corey's MO. I just want to say that I thought long and hard before posting is message. I did not take it lightly and I'm sorry that it came to this.
    I dynoed the bike the other day. 80 HP and 58 ft lb of tq. Low for what a stock bike with a good pipe on it should make. Very low for one that is suppose to have all these mods done to it. But the bike was running VERY rich. I BEGGED Corey to tell me if the internal mods were done to the engine so that I had an idea of where to start looking to fix it. I even told him that I no longer cared if the bike was dead stock. I didn't want to be spending money on things I didn't have to like the cams or injectors. Both of which were supposed to have been modified. Again , no response. So now I have to start from square one to find out what the problem is. It's not the injectors. I have already checked them and they are stock. Not 26 to 29 lb injectors like he told me. I got a Direct-Link from Americansport.com (good people) and will re-map the ECU. I think that's where the problem is.

Administrator
    I would go with the assumption that everything is stock. Do you have any pics of this motorcycle? I would like to see what you got for $4165.00.

The bike is the same one that Corey used on his SVVS website only it has a C.I A. carbon fiber airbox cover now. I decided to try a Micron exhaust on it and I am in the process of swapping them out now. Once I get it changed I will post some pics.