Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery of choice?

do not buy any batterys off e bay, i went through 5 so far on different bikes and 2 on the buell before i went to the h/d dealer and bought a new one problem fixed.

My bikes are always hooked up to the tender. Right when i pull into the garage i clean off the bike then plug in . Tenders are worth the $$$$ .

I just changed my battery yesterday. Interstate site says to use this battery CYTX14-BS for my 05 XB12R. When I went to pick it up the man opened the box and right off I didn't think it would work... you have to load the acid into it. That's fine for a battery that stands upright. My battery almost lays down horizontal. I did not want to take the risk of acid leakage.
    I called BatteriesPlus and they said they had the correct battery also. Went over there and they had the proper battery for the Fbolt. The P# for it X2-AGM 12AH 14/16-BS X214, ETX14. This battery has 220 CCA. It fits just like the original battery HD but the connections are just a little different but it comes with two spacers that made the cable connectors work properly. 2year warranty. this battery comes factory sealed and won't leak unless the case is broken

I replaced mine a few weeks ago with a Yuasa YTX14H. Fit well and has 260 CCA. The connections were slightly different - no problem with hooking it up but it made my battery tender connection a little tougher to fit neatly. Anyway, it was noticeably better than the stock HD battery for cranking over my XB12. Sealed/factory activated so works fine laying down. Not advocating Yuasa over any particular brand but wanted to mention that it fit well, had good cranking power, and was another potential replacement candidate.

@vospertw, Where did you buy your battery?

I bought it through Southern Motorcycle Supply in San Diego.

Anyone running and Odessey battery?

I get interstate through my shop. I want to say 45$ maybe like 60$. I use the brand just cuz the price and convience. My cosin ordered an 11.99$ batt. from jc wittney. Came empty, he had to add the chems. and distiller watter but it's not a sealed batt. so I don't think they would work on a buell.

Anyone use a Deka battery? A guy I work with puts them in his custom motorcycles.

On the Yuasa batteries, I've seen different model numbers, ex: YTX14-H, YTX14AH-BS, YTX14-BS. What are the differences?

I've had the clicking issue a little last year and had it on a charger all winter. But the first attempt to start, I got a few clicks before it started. I'm guessing the battery is on it's way out and I'd like to buy a replacement before I need it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast