Thread: Interactive Exhaust Valve

I am installing an exhaust without a valve on my 09 Ss. I remember a thread before about tricking the ecm with a diode or resistor from Radio Shack, but I can not find the thread. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

Haven't heard of one from radio shack, but asb has one you plug in that works well. Before I got that I just left my servo plugged in with the cable removed, had no problems like that...

Here's a DIY Emulator thread: Build your Own....or you can purchase like Miami said above. The older year XB's, you could've used ECMSpy to turn it off - but yours is an '09 so I don't believe it'll work for you.

Thanks for the input. Does anyone know if I can get away without having to do a remap?

prolly not: you might want to leave the servo hooked up so itll never throw a code.

Sounds good. I am not planning on doing the airbox mod, but will buy a K&N. I will definately be doing a polar bear run when I get the exhaust on.

On my 09 Ss I put a k&n on immediately, shortly followed by a d&d (no servo), then a breather reroute and airbox delete. The guy I got the airbox delete kit from gave me his servo emulator, until then I just had the cable pulled off of my servo on the of my airbox. This was all on the stock ecm and I'm still running the stock ecm with no remap and everything is running just fine.

Nice to hear, not sure when I will have the cash for a dino tune.

The servo can be turned off using tunerpro. You can buy the transistor needed from radio shack. I wasn't able to just buy one, I think it came in a pack of 10 for about $3.00, and a couple of resistors.

The design for the stock muffler with the interactive valve seems pretty purposeful and thought out. Would it not have been cheaper/more practical to put a more basic, lighter, straighter flowing exhaust?

I understand that it maintains a little low end torque, but the damn thing weighs like 25-30lbs with all that bracketry. An extra 2-3lbs of torque will be nullified by that weight.

Im running a carbon fiber Jardine with an ECM. I know the thing wieghs a fraction of the stock behemoth, and it made the bike very noticeably lighter and better handling. E.g. the bike does not want to stand up on me when I am in a turn becuase the weight of the stocker isnt pulling down. With a carbon fiber there is nothing to wrestle with.

Sometimes I think to myself, "What am I missing by not having that servo and stock muffler?" Besides the thing I mentioned above, can anyone think of anytrhing else?