Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Ex Demo Bike

Im whisker close to shaking hands on a 2006 XB12X Ex Demo bike with 2500k and a price tag of 5000 British pounds. Im getting 6 months Warranty and im going to ride it hard this season so if anything breaks its going to be during this 6 months I hope. I test rode it yesterday and realy enjoyed the bike but it was'nt running right, the dealer has pledged to give the bike a thorough going over before I take delivery and reset the efi etc . This leads me to my question:- Obviously as an ex demo its going to have had all kinds of riders on it including some tyre kickers who just wanted to try with no intention of buying one so chances are although its only done 2500k some of those are going to be hard Ks if you know what I mean. I know the risks but the price is swaying me, what do you guys think?

As long as they were easy on the break in period and the oil changed frequently you should be ok. There are always risks when buying anything. See if they have a maintenance record and go from there.

make sure you get the newer front windshield fitting with that.
    if i'm not mistaking, they were upgraded because they came loose.

my bike is also an ex demo...nothing wrong with that ;)

LeFox,

You are correct about getting the upgraded windhsield. That was a factory recall on those.

Quote Originally Posted by k reed 14
    LeFox,

You are correct about getting the upgraded windhsield. That was a factory recall on those.
    thx for the confirmation ;)

I to bought a demo 06 uly it is now a great bit of kit, However it wasn't without teething problems it ran intermittently which baffled the tech's so they ended up replacing the coils, leads'ht caps then the ecm all under warranty(2yr) and the end can is also an issue. Rotten 3500mls on the clock, but a ceramic coated one on it's way (FREE)
    it's worth looking at the can as buell will replace it if it is'nt ceramic coated FACT
    also ht leads want checking
    I also heard you can get the back box and side paniers this month WORTH asking about

I to bought a demo 06 uly it is now a great bit of kit, However it wasn't without teething problems it ran intermittently which baffled the tech's so they ended up replacing the coils, leads'ht caps then the ecm all under warranty(2yr) and the end can is also an issue. Rotten 3500mls on the clock, but a ceramic coated one on it's way (FREE)
    it's worth looking at the can as buell will replace it if it is'nt ceramic coated FACT
    also ht leads want checking
    I also heard you can get the back box and side paniers this month WORTH asking about

I did the deal today and it was one exciting afternoon. As if buying the bike wasnt enough a girl cleaning the showroom windows decided to take a dive from the ladder and broke both her wrists! Entertainment and a bike what value!

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...h-Your-Ulysses

Theres the link for the bags, i'm trying to get these for my Uly as well.. I too bought a demo bike.. the one thing that i would be concerned with is make sure they did the service, after I gave them 95 100 dollar bills.. cash.. i found out that they didnt do the 1000 mile service till 1700 and that although the bike had 4700 miles they didnt do the 5k service on it, so immediately i have to take in to get that done.. not complaining too much, just takes a little sparkle off a new to me bike, :) other than that, bar far the coolest and most fun bike i've ever had!!! thats coming from a KTM Adventure!

Thanks for the info Mark. I would like to keep in touch to compare notes. dickstilton@gmail.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast