Thread: 05 xb9city wont start

i have a 05 xb9 it wont start.i had to turn the handle bars violently left to right to make it start,i got tired of that i took off the starting switch deal and cleaned it up a bit but now it wont do anything someone please help me i need help...my email is adrianramirez1079@yahoo.com any help is greatly apreciated......

sonds like bad wire in the harness or connector. check the main harness on the left side of the bike. it gets pinched when turning the bars hard left.

thanks i had already checked that out and some of the wires were pinched i put on some electrical tape on those wires and since then my blinkers didnt work..im gonna have to undo that part right there again and recheck it.see if i can get her to turn over...

sometimes you can get a wire that is broke inside the insulation and look fine on the outside.good luck

The wire harness is routed towards the frame, LH side along to cylinderheads, comming out then at the LH side of the fork... At this point the harness is secured with a pc of plastic. Exact at this point you should look 1st for broken wires (I found a defect there after 2 month of similar problems)
    Try to hold&move the harness there by hand and press start, if you got some feedback, klicking of relays what so ever... you found your problem.

of the

I had a started wire melt on my first Buell, had to run a new wire, I could wiggle the wires and get it to touch but when I tore it apart I could see that it needed to be replaced.

Sounds like you have a lose connection though