Thread: mx to street guys.

I rode trails and small mx tracks.goofed off on flat tracks all specifically at Hollister Hills Ca for three years before i sold my YZ.After selling the dirt bike i picked up my Buell.So what im getting at is i would get a huge adrenaline rush before i even unloaded my YZ and seemed to keep it throughout the day of riding.I dont seem to get that same feeling but keep in mind i have never done a track day on my Buell.Is it just me?

if you start getting air on your buell I'm sure you will get that feeling again! :)

I agree. I kept the dirt bikes for the rush of the jumps. Love my XB but its just not as intense.

Think it depends on where/how you ride. All I ride are canyons.....

Generally I just enjoy being on the bike and don't really get any adrenaline rush unless I play a little in some corners.

If I'm in the right kinda mood and know I'll be playing around for most of the ride, I'll get a bit of an adrenaline rush as soon as I start the bike.

The track days I've done on a street bike, adrenaline rush starts when I wake up in the morning.(not really any way to describe dragging your knee through a corner at 80mph)

I just got into dirbikes this past year, so i am not very fast or have great skills by any means. and even so my dirtbike is only a RM125. Its peppy enough for the trails i ride on at Land between the Lakes in TN/KY, but i still enjoy a really twisty road more than the trails

BTW anybody in the market for a good little RM125 :) its for sale, I may throw in gear to go with it for the right price lol

Looks like i will have to save for a track day and find another dirt bike one day.I miss the rush.launching the Buell might be a bad idea.:D

Lucky you........ i lost that a long time ago, i dont get real adrenaline rushs anymore.
    But it's more then likely because you where in a controlled kaos environment and also in closed quarters where 99% of the time the worse thing that will happen is a broken bone.
    Street bikes give you the illusion that your not going as fast as you are, and are way smoother that's why you don't get the rush.
    But is you want, when we have a couple of weeks of dry weather you can chase me down mt Hamilton and mines rd and if you can keep up I guarantee one of two things you'll get your rush or you'll get a rush from life flight.

Alex i feel like the road has more variables than trail riding.loose gravel,dirt,cars,cow pies,etc.I went on a ride with a vetran rider and followed him through highway 25.It was good fun. The only thing was the lack of knowledge of the road.Would you say after building confidence in my bike and the road i ride,give me the rush again?I dont think i should attempt this road with you.It will be more like cal star and i.c.u.for me. :p.i might have to do a track day with you when we get time.

Would you say after building confidence in my bike and the road i ride,give me the rush again?
    It helps but i pretty much agree with what squid said on this topic and ill add its just easier to ride on the edge with a dirtbike. If you lay one down in a corner you can usually brush the dirt off(or not) and jump back on. If you lay a street bike down at 70+ on a 35mph corner you are going to have a bad time. What im trying to say is i dont push myself past my comfort level on a street bike because the consequences are worse. So that adrenaline rush never happens. Some days im really into it but I think its more mental attitude than a physiological response.

i have yet to do a track day with the buell or any street bike.

well said konarider94, you took the words righ out of my mouth. I also have yet to do a track day on any street bike and when I do I still will keep it withen my limits. I have went out on my old RC51 one day thinking I was racing the world and it took me almost $2000 to get it back on the road after leaving the asphalt. My dirt bike has never cost that much to get back to the track. Maby the fear of death has also hit me a time or two when you relize just how fast 100mph realy is into a solid object.