Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: top speed with race ecu and racekit ??????????

i have 12xb racekit race ecu whats the top speed i think i toppped it out at 145 with 1000 left on the tachometer just interested to see if anyone has same setup and has hit more

upgrading your pipe, air filter and ecm will not vary your top speed by much. it affects more how quick you get there.

9's top off at 135mph, at least that is what the speedo reads. Sure it is off a few plus or minus but done the same top speed on 3 different XB9's all with race kits.

Like mentioned the Kit doesn't change gearing it adjusts mapping. To gain top end you need to either change your primary gears or swap to an aftermarket sprocket setup.

Most japanese sportbikes are geared much taller than they need to be to keeps RPMs lower on the highway, which keeps you from actually having the power to his the redline in 6th gear. That's why upgrading the fueling/exhaust on some bikes will increase your top speed, since it gives you a few extra hp to get to higher rpms in 6th. From what I've heard all the XBs are geared low enough that they'll hit the redline in the highest gear. That's why people are saying that changing the ECM/exhaust won't get you moving any faster.

I know on my old bike all I had to do to get an extra 7 mph on my top speed was to put a rear sprocket on that was 3 teeth bigger. My bike would hit 138mph stock because that's where it ran out of enough power, even though the bike was probably geared to hit 155mph or so. Once I lowered the gearing it was geared to go 145mph at redline, but it would actually let me reach the redline so I could now go 145mph even though the gearing was lower. Unfortunately that whole story doesn't really help you with the xb either because you can't lower the gearing any more to help. If you want to go faster you'll need to do a chain drive conversion so you can change the gearing along with the exhaust/ecm upgrades.

Unless you change the gearing, 135MPH is as fast as you will go on an XB. In order to change the gearing you have to install a chain conversion kit.

And yes, you can red line the bike in 5th gear, they have enough grunt to do it. Especially with the upgrades you are talking about.

Thats all mine would ever do is 135 and inline 4's passing me left and and right. XB9R with race kit, the fun part was killing them off the line and through the first two gears.:D

135 here too. my nija would do burnouts or wheelies at 135! but was not as cool as my buell...

135 on my 9 with race ecm and D&D

Is it 135? Man my speedo or new gauge face must be off because I was about 145 indicated when I hit the rev limiter On my 9

Is it 135? Man my speedo or new gauge face must be off because I was about 145 indicated when I hit the rev limiter On my 9
    That is what mine read when I redlined my old 9...

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast