Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Touring on the Ulysses

I did a trip on my Uly back in 05 that took me from East coast to West and back and everywhere in between. I logged 17,000 miles over two months. It was a hell of a trip and the bike was fantastic. I had her on every kind of road from slab to The Dragon's Tail as well as some nasty dirt trails. Trust me this bike is a fully capable sport touring mount. Mine was bone stock during that trip as it was so new there was nothing out for it yet. 63,000 miles later she is still pretty much stock except for the Micron exhaust and associated airbox/ECM mods. Ofcourse I added the saddlebags and top box.

I just got a 08 uly, I still have a 98 CBR900RR. I was going to buy a honda varadero. I'm around 6 2
    I can flat foot it on the bike. The ego are perfect for me. The only complant I have is that the fuel tank should be 1 gal bigger. My friend that always rides with me bought a 07 triumpe 1050 and he can do double the distance I can do. Other than that the bike is the best I have riden. And bang for you buck you cant beat it. It has 2x 12v sockets, heated grips and a vest plug. BMW doesn't even come will that and the only thing they have witch I can say is better is the shaft drive but the bike costs at least 5000 more. Thats pretty expensive shaft drive.:)

Longest ride I've had on mine (06 Uly, lowered, 07 seat, tall windscreen) was 1500 miles over 3 days. That's a lot of ass-time, but the bike handled it flawlessly.

I agree with Sylvan, the tank could be a little bigger for touring, but at least it gave me an excuse for stopping every couple of hours to rest the backside.

I don't have much to compare to, but I would have never dared such a trip on either of the bikes I have had in the past. I had a 95 YZF 600 and an 85 Sportster, and more then 200 miles on either of them was a suicide mission of the butt-cheeks.

I certainly love my Uly.

did 4120 miles around most of europe in 8 days, and had 1 fuse go. very comfy, very torquey, and very quick even when fully loaded with metal mule hard panniers on polish "motorways" - single carriageways rutted by freight trucks! excellent tourer!

I hear what your saying my99scoob about polish motorways I did a 5000mile tour of norway finland and the baltics Poland is a nightmare.
    just got back from the isle of man on my 2006 uly it performed fantastic felt good out accelerating an R1 out of the gooseneck.

Just finished 1200mi in 23h on my 2008 Uly, total comfort the whole way. Even in the rain (about 1/3 of my ride it was raining). I love my Uly.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123