Thread: **** tps reset gone wrong

so, my throttle adjustment cable snapped anyone else have this happen?

nope, that seems really odd.

your gonna have to pull off your entire airbox and just turn it from in there

I have it taken apart again and I'm gonna try to find a new one to replace it with, meanwhile... I"m not entirely sure what to do lol

i have an 03' lightning with the race kit and my dyno map shows that the air fuel mix is quite fat. will gutting the air box help this out and if i do that will have to do a TPS reset? can someone help me with this question. i saw TPS reset so i figure i could get an answer in here. thanks so much for your help in advance.

tps IDLE adjustment cable info and links in that thread for the (tps) Idle adjustment cable.
    wait your on that thread..

wolf you can adjust it with the screw ,
    see the service manual above , section 4.41 throttle body, see(page368) the figure 4-101 for a picture of where the screw is on the throttle body.
    and follow tps adjustment ...

The TPS is the essence of this tuning.
    If the TPS value is incorrect, the ECM will provide the amount of fuel required for the wrong throttle setting and hence poor running will occur. A worse scenario is if you tune the bike with an incorrect TPS value, then any future correction to TPS will result in incorrect fuel maps

.(Wolfo68---it is the screw with the spring on the cable behind it, under both of the throttle cables on the front of the throttle body just try to turn it)With ECMSPY,
    you will need to remove all off the airbox upper & lower) reset your TPS to where it should be is to look at the TPS screw on the throttle body itself and back it off(back it off all the way where it almost unscrews all the way, if you have just to make sure) where the screw is not touching at all....then twist your throttle several times and release it each time to make sure the butterfly valve is COMPLETLY CLOSED and then hold the throttle closed with light clockwise pressure on the throttle grip., and then press reset TPS (note the values on degrees & percent should both read ZERO RIGHT NOW,.)after you press reset TPS wait for it to say (onthe bottom of the ECMSPY window) tps reset comlpete or done. now turn the idle adjuster again until it reads 5.2 to 5.6 degrees . then you can start it up an let it warm up to 160C(320F) and then adjust the IDLE TO 1050 to 1150 RPM. that is all there is to it . and then you can do any tuning from there if want. hope that helps. please remember if the TPS is off then it effect everything else.

XB9lover you have a 2003 they have the hole through the frame/tank that rams air into the airbox, the gutted airbox will do you very little if nothing at all, as far as air flow goes. sounds like you need to retune your ecm. what mods do you have , you say you have the race kit , so you should have the race pipe, buell race air filter and the race ECM , I would double check to see if that is all there, and if so then double check your ecm via ecmspy to verify that you have a race map or custom map on it , either way you may still need to remap it or retune custom map for it, read the ecmspy guides versions 1 & 2 (do google search for them) or better talk to theoctopus and take his tuning class.
    and yes any mods that effect air ,fuel or or timing you need to reset the TPS.
    Buell-ECM-Tuning-Sessions---All-Years--Models
    the unofficial tuning site

yea, I got my tps reset done a while back that way, but I'm waiting on a new cable so it should be done again when I install the new one sometime next week lol

I had the same thing happen to me. Where did you get a new cable?