Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1125r horror stories and love affairs

Here's one, I drove 400 miles to buy my new 1125r in austin because my local hd dealer wont carry them. I trailerd her home so as to break her in correctly on the streets where i ride. On my first ride the speedo started acting erratic. It would go straight to zero while i was riding and then come back on again for no reason. I rode it like this for about two weeks until i recived a recall notification and rode her to nearist Buell dealer over 200 miles away to have the recall taken care of and to have them look at my speedo. My bike hade to stay there for 2 and a half weeks while they waited for the parts to come in. I picked her up today and the ride home was great... Almost, when i exited the expressway 200 miles from the dealership the speedo again went out. The dealer said they would take care of the problem. However my bike will have to stay there for a few weeks so they can thoroughly diegnose the problem. Anyone have any suggestions?

See if they'll give you a loaner while it's being fixed, especially if it's under warranty. I don't know the circumstances, but someone on here got/had a loaner 1125CR. Worst that can happen is they say No. :D

Hell, if i could get a loner bike that would work out great. I had contemplated renting a bike from them but I didnt think they had buells to rent. I'll find out if they have any to lone.

bout those directionals......
    i think it has nothing to do with the rev limiter. so guys with them out, put your fears aside it dosent mean the bike has been reved high or orver reved.
    i think the are just bum directionals. ive been RITE there when a new 1 was instaled and it instantly dident work...BIKE WAS NOT RUNNIN!!!
    DUN TA DAAA THUS NOT A SURGE ISSUE.
    my buell tech said he has seen it a bunch of times... not sayin anyone is wrong couse i love my buell too just like all you other nuts!!!!lol
    i have other issues but they seem to change as they update my ecm they have like 5 now.
    any way my 2cnts.hope it helps
    HAVE A BUELLTFUL DAY!!!!

I got mine Saturday at the Winchester HD in VA. In and out in an hour. Everything went very smooth. I would recomend them to anyone. The bike runs well, but is very jurky under 4000 rpm. All the updates were done to the ecm before I picked it up. I still there is an issue.The brakes are great.Grab a handful asd it feels like you hit a wall. It felt a little loose on the ride home, but the rear tire only had 12 psi in it. So after a little air the handling was rock solid. The only real issue I have with it is the heat it puts out in traffic. My legs are getting fried. I hope there is a fix because it's very uncomfortable to ride in heavy traffic.I do love riding the bike.

I bought a 09 1125r a few weeks ago and I think it is an outstanding bike! As I drove it off the lot the dealer called me on my way home and said "HEY your tail light is out". So they drove a truck 1.5 hrs to my house and picked The bike up free. I have not got it over 6 grand yet but I know for sure that it does not like being below 2500 RPM. I am wondering if any one else is having the same situation? When I get it below that it sounds like it knocks almost and the sound gets worse if i give it some gas but as soon as I get over 3000 it likes to go. I assume that it is only due to the fact it is a V twin vs a i4 which is what I am used to. By they way my 1125R spanks my CBR929;) GREAT BIKE!

Mine has less than 400 miles on it and the right rear turn signal went out already. Never been into the rev limiter so I think there just bad units.Mine complains below 2500 too. Getting used to it.

Anybody heard any fixes for these turn signals? It a pain taking it to the dealer.

I know that the latest reflash 05/09 really helped my lower rpm drivability. It was like a night and day difference. Unfortunately all the reflashes I have had on the bike (2) screwed up my ecm and it is back in the shop to get the ecm replaced.

iv now got 2600 miles on mine and its runnin like a top the latest flash recall made the difference real smooth at just about all rpms theres aftremarket directionals i saw on ebay like 60 bucks. but if its under warrenty just bring it in.... or better yet go to your dealer and comlplain that its happening to every one. damand new ones....they should do it to make you happy. first year racing ama buells doin pretty good!!RIDE IT HARD IT LIKES IT.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast