Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike still running rough

I just got the ecmspy cable and did a tps reset following instructions from a video on this site. The bike runs exactly the same afterwards, it is running ok but stumbles upon takeoff and at cruising speed. Does anyone know what this could be or how I can troubleshoot this? I just put new plugs, oil, and gas in the bike(it wasn't running before). I'm thinking air filter and wires maybe??? Other than that all I can think of is something with the fuel management, maybe a sensor? Thanks guys.

Did you check for codes?

Do you have any intake or exhaust mods? What year? 9 or 12? A stumble at takeoff and surging at speed generally indicates a lean motor. Did you do a good learn-in ride after the TPS reset? What is your AFV reading?

Did not check for codes, but the engine light is not on. Bike is all stock, 2005 xb9r. Sorry for the lack of info up front. I only rode it about 2 miles after tps reset I did not realize I needed to ride it more. This is the first time I used ecmspy so I'm unfamiliar with it, but will mess with it tomorrow and reset everything again and record values and ride it and post back. I have an uni air filter should I put that on and then try to get it running right or leave the original one on? Thank you, this is very frustrating, I've only ridden this bike once since it is running so rough!!!! I wanna ride! lol

Get a decent ride in, 30 minutes or better to warm it up good. Be easy on the throttle, run it 2500-4500 rpm and then tell us what the AFV value is when you get home.

Better yet, post a pix of the ECMSpy dashboard with the bike running at idle after the ride.

Well I didn't get to work on the bike today, we went to put in a new front door and found a bunch of rotten framing, so it turned into a ten hour job. Will take all the advice you gave me and work on my bike next weekend and will post back to see if it is better after a longer ride. Thanks.

Well I also didn't get to work on the bike this past weekend! Got the door and wall about done and we bought a new truck this weekend so hopefully I can get to work on the bike over this weekend. I am going to reset the tps before I go on the ride, should I reset the AFV, I have never done this but saw it in the pdf manual. Also, I installed a uni air filter, should I go back to stock until it's running right? I'm not sure of the condition of the stock filter although it looks fairly clean. After I do this stuff I will ride it for 30 minutes then take a snapshot of the ecmspy. Thanks!

Air filter or bad plug wires? Good Luck

Start from the diagnostics in ecm Spy & make sure to save the stock epromm/settings Burn a disc from stock then you have some thing to work with. Any thing done to it previous ? Keep posted.Once a TPS is done ride for at least 20 mins 30 is better but make sure it idles well and revs. well. AS in smooth don't red line revs., this way you won't be stalled out some where.

Today I did the tps reset again, and once the bike was up to temp I reset the AFV, then went for a 45 min. ride. I took a snapshot of the ecmspy and pasted it into a word document, how do I post it? The bike seemed to start off running rough, then steadily got better to the point where it hardly does it at cruising speed, but then it sorta stopped improving after 10 or 20 minutes. It still does the stumbling at takeoff from a light, but overall it is slightly better. How can I upload/post the word doc? Thanks!

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast