Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike still running rough

It'd be better to upload the picture instead of the word document - click the "Add Your Photo" button above the message window.

Do a static timing check - there's a diy video on here I believe. I did it with my wife as I didn't have a stand. I'll try to think of some more things to check, but seems like many things have already been done so far.

You could try downloading another stock ecm and compare it to the once that currently burned on there?

Learn to post the picture, seriously. That picture is worth a 1000 words, so I've heard.

Here are the ecmspy snapshots:

Perfect, all the sensors are working and values are reasonable. I'm a bit surprised the AFV did not change at all after a 45 minute ride though. Did you check for any trouble codes? I'm with the others, check the plug wires, and then the static timing.

Well according to ecmspy under the trouble codes tab there are no codes, and the dash light is not on. Ok, next weekend I will check static timing then ride it and see if it's better, then I'll move on to plugs and air filter. Thank you for your help!

Just be careful with the timing check if you adjust it, a little goes a long ways. Good luck and keep at it, you'll get there.

One other thing - You may want to try the breather reroute if you haven't already. Many others have reported good results by doing it and it can't hurt.

How to

I think I'm going to wait on the breather reroute(although I plan on doing it) because I want to get the bike back to running right before I do any modifications. I have searched and searched and can't find a how to for the static timing how to, if there is one does anyone know where? I do have the manual but like to have multiple sources of info...

Haven't seen another how-to on setting the timing, sounds like a great idea for a video. (hint-hint)

I suggested the breather reroute as it has helped others in a similar situation. As it is simple to do and and reversible, it may be a quick fix.

Edited to add - where do you live?

I am in Orlando, Florida. If I do the timing this weekend I'll try and make a video.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast