Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newb ?

i'm sure this has been asked a hundred times, but,what is the box on top of the air box for, looks like a reostat, and at one time must of had a cable hooked to it. thanks.

if you have a xb12r then it is the exhaust servo motor. im guessing you have an aftermarket exhaust on the bike.

if you have a xb12r then it is the exhaust servo motor. im guessing you have an aftermarket exhaust on the bike.

thanks. yeah it's an xb12r, prev. owner said it has a stage 1 kit, exhaust and ecm.

add the open airbox and you'll be a happy man ;)

you can unplug the exhaust servo if you like thats what i did then i did the open airbox mod and the breatherrerute

servo is still pluged in, but the cable is gone. i kind of like the looks of the air box mods with the screen backed holes, is that what you meen by open air box. where are you rerouting the pcv too. there is a little oil in the air box.

the oil in the airbox is normal if you have not done the crank case breather reroute think of it as a cheap emmissions component. if you have the race ecm installed on your bike you can unplug that servo. if you unplug the servo with the stock ecm a check engine light will come on, but it wont hurt your bike at all having that servo unplugged ,i had mine unplug for 2 months plus the buell dealer told me it was ok to run without it that is if you have an aftermarket exhaust. you can do your own open airbox mod just do a search on the forum, and you can also do a breather reroute too.its pretty simple

my guess...you're riding with a aftermarket exhaust with stock ecm & airfilter + box.

if you didn't have a stock ecm, there would be no need to have the servo still on the bike when the cable isn't in there.

i would look into the breather reroute, a k&n airfilter and an airbox delete kit.

i tend to over talk a bit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast