Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Difference between race ecm and stock?

So what's the advantage? Has anyone done a dyno run with a stock one and then put the race in and checked the hp difference? Is using a ecm spy and burning a race map to your stock ecm an advantage? I don't have any running issues with my bike now but if it's a power gain I might look into it but if all it really does is smooth things out then I don't need it.

defintie, dyno-able power increase. at the cost of polluting the environment a little more.

ECM spy is free, and the cable is like 10 bucks.

have you looked at any dyno charts?

Check out the exhaust shootout from www.americansportbike.com
    Pretty good report overall and it shows the differences with a few pipes using the stock ECM vs a standard race ECM.
    The race ECM is about $250 and the cable for ecmspy is about $40. I do know ebr won't warranty or reflash a race ECM if you alter it with ecmspy. The race ECM is definitely worth the $$.

I don't get why sometimes links work and other times they don't. :-(

Thx Red

No problem! Here to help:D

Thanks for the shootout link. Looks like the big difference is by adding a pipe/muffler. After doing that I can see doing the air box mod and ecm to have it all flow correct. I had a KTM smc625 and it came restricted from the factory. Had to remove the throttle stop from inside the carb. Doing that made a big difference. I was just in the dark if the Buells were restricted like that.

Lots you can do for the Buells. Exhaust, Breather reroute,the air box depending on where you live, I didn't alter mine because it won't run to lean that way. I picked up a Showyomoto twin ramair for Hot time of the year.(beautiful BUT expensive)Bikes run towards the lean area due to the EPA standards.When its cold, I just reinstall the stock air box check w/my Laptop & ride. K&N works good for my set up.You'll figure it out. Thats the fun of these bikes. :D

BTW/ K&N,air filter-Exhaust-DrummerSS-Erik Buell Programable ECM W/software complete.EBR, suspension kit.braided brake lines W/ race pads. A wideband O2sens., helps as well. Also switch the Ecm out after Track days to an EBR,preprogramed ECM. The bike really runs sweet w/only a TPS re-set every time i fill up.08+ can reset tps w/key turn procedure. I may never be completely done due to the many areas you can persue. Thats the Fun of it all. Make it your own.:D

I ordered a EBR ECM for my 09 XB12Ss will be here this, can't wait. Dumb question were is the ecm located on my bike.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast