Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EBR license plate bracket

The EBR unit is a molded plastic unit used a filler for the race bikes. Its actually a pretty nice contoured piece that fits quite well. I bought it as a filler and am currently in the process of fabbing an aluminum piece that mounts the turn signals and the plate. I actually have it setup to mount the plate light off of my old XB12S. I didn't want to have to cut the tail of my CR. I should have it finished by this weekend so I can take a pic of it. I designed it in CAD so if it fits I can post it so you can take the flat layout and make one yourself.

Bought that piece to fill the hole, then I used an old road sign for the plate and the blinkers. I just mounted it using the two back holes with some spacers between the plate mount and the plastic. I did have to drill a hole for the wires to come through.
    Turned out fine, and a lot cheaper than the comercial alternatives.

I had to go and take some. Also I cut out the bottom under the brake light for license light.

that looks just like what i was thinking of. your dimensions would be great

I will try and measure when I get home. I didn't make any pattern just kinda went with it.

There you go. If you print out the pic it is drawn to scale

Poppinsexz

ive used that filler piece from EBR. yes it is plastic but fits well on teh CR.

to fit my plate i simply got some flat gal angle that you can bend to the angle and size you want. bent up four pieces. one for each side of hte plate which secured to the two rearward holes. bending the corners up on the bracket secured them in place. the plate itself acts as the reinforcement, and then one off each side for the indicators. i dont have a pic of the CR version,

but below is the pic of the version i did for my lightning. works exactly the same (except rather than the pop rivets, i used the rear two screw holes and the crease in teh EBR plate to secure. simple and cost like $4.

outstanding pop ill prolly tinker with your design a bit but you saved me a ton of trial and error. ordered the filler plate today should be done soon.

took a couble of quick pics for interest value... this was done in a rush when i swapped tails and just needed something sorted to go for a ride, but will do a better version in two weeks. just gotta get sorted for first round of SBK in phillip island.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast