Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: will this seat fit?

All right. (Imagine this being said in calm, measured tones)

Which one of you bas***ds won the auction?

I know this is years later but this seems a common thread when searching for long low seats. My early 2007 TT seat has two numbers under it, the selected number is N0025.1ASYW. I also have the 2 UP seat which has the other number N0025.1ANFYW on it. So it makes perfect sense that N0025 is for the lightning longs and that as stated by others the .4ANYW is from the later long models. My two look exactly the same underneath and my short son in law is NOT helped by the lower looking 2 UP seat because the foam is wider at the crotch. I'm going to look for the .4ANYW and hope it helps him, if not we'll get into cutting the foam.

I also have a height challenged Buell lover in the household and her issue really isn't height, it's the width you mentioned. Buells are wide there because you are basically straddling the rear cylinder head.
    You'll need to deal with it by learning the side saddle stop, cut the foam, lower it, or get an Scg:

Side saddle stop is just sliding his cheeks over and committing to stop on one leg. Shouldn't be a problem for a basic experienced rider or any dirt rider knows this trick.

Using the stock height seat helped support that part of her body, while trimming the foam at the front points of the seat down to almost nothing let her get her leg straighter to the ground to support herself. Not a perfect fix, there isn't a lot of foam there to begin with.

Lower it by replacing forks, shock, and kickstand. I'm not sure what that will do to a Long. Maybe you need Scg stuff, maybe you need S stuff, I don't know.

Or go shopping for an Scg

Dammit Cooter! You know that scg’s and earlier XBs have smaller diameter forks than the Ss, SST and other long frames.

I do know a guy who would be willing to trade his lowered S for an Ss. Asking for a friend of course!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 03-09-2020 at 03:46 AM.

Whatevs, I'd chop the spacer anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Whatevs, I'd chop the spacer anyway...
    Honestly I think that is really all the difference is between the forks. One day i will pull apart my Scg forks next to my S forks for a little compare-o. You can buy the beer.

However to put Scg forks on a long wheelbase bike will likely require a new upper/lower clamps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12