Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No high beam..HELP!!

I have an 03 xb9 firebolt and my high beam does not work. I had some charring around the ground so I swapped the wire but still no luck. Has anyone shared this problem??
    Any info or even a wiring diagram would be great.

And yes I checked the bulb. Just getting no power to the bulb.

May have worn a wire through where it the wire harnass goes up through the neck of the bike. Also, wiring diagram - Top of this page, click Buell Service manuals. You'll find an exact match for your Buell and the wiring diagrams are under the "Appendices" section. ;)

Thanks for that, are there any electronic versions of the diagram somewhere so when you zoom you can read the wire colors?

Top of this page, click Buell Service manuals. You'll find an exact match for your Buell and the wiring diagrams are under the "Appendices" section.
    ....it's a Free Download and is already in .pdf format that you can zoom to.

When you zoom in the letters get distorted and I can't read them because its just an analog image in the pdf, I was wondering if there were any other pdf's that had digital images.

check Buellmods.com they have a number of pdf downloads/ service manuals. also, I know a few years ago they had a recall on the headlight for the firebolts. do you know if yours recieved that? the only thing I noticed with my old bolt was that the new headlights had a "target-like" mold on the front of the light, like a couple of circles. if you dont have that, you may need to take the bike in to have the recall work done if they still honor it.

4-4 connector (actually 3-4 connector)

Track wire back to connector. Look at black wire going into connector. It will be corroded inside the connector. It's the ground wire.

Pro fix: take apart connector using special tools, trim wire and rebuild trying to catch tiny parts.

My fix: cut black wire back on both sides of connector, make a jumper cable with two connectors. You're done.

Thanks for the help, got in touch with a dealer that still had the updated part, the warranty is out but they are only charging me labor.

the warranty is out but they are only charging me labor.
    That's b.s. I need to do the same thing. Harley sux. I got my recall notice in the middle of winter from the x owner. Ill get the parts and do the labor my self. Screw HD. Probably want $200 or something crazy for labor i bet.

Please lemme know how much you pay. I am interested.

Also, if you install yourself please post a DIY for the rest of us that will have to do this in the future.

Yea, I'm so sick of Harley dealers. When I had to put a new drive belt on, my local dealer tried charging me $20 more than a dealer near my brother so I called them out on in and made them match the price. I'm getting the headlight swap done this weekend, $65 (1hr) for labor and the part is free (I think its like a $50 part). I would do it myself but part of the deal with them giving me the part is they install it. I've been hunting down the cause of my low beam going out and I'm sick of searching for it myself, electrical stuff isn't my strong point and I'd rather be using my garage time for something I care about. Sucks to have missed the free replacement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast