Thread: $1,500 HD Tire/Wheel plan limit?

Had my fourth flat rear tire in 1.5 years the other day. The dealer picked it up, Fixed the flat, and changed it to a scorpion sync. Pretty cool, as the tire I had (strada II) is no longer made and I don't much care for the factory replacement (diablo T -- I think) which I have on the front. Got a call after the work was done, and they told me that there was a note in their system that I had exceeded the $1,500 limit for the tire and wheel plan.

Excuse me?

Anyway, the shop called after the weekend and HD ended up covering the tire. I thanked them profusely.

I find myself feeling fortunate that HD covered it in the end. In rifling through my Buell folder I find no information regarding the tire and wheel plan, hence the reason for the question mark in the title. Has anyone ever encountered this? Interesting that they would send me out with mismatched tires, I think.

need more info ??
    did you buy a NEW buell with warranty or did you buy new tires with some kind of tire road hazzard/ tire free flat repair &/or replacement(free or pro rated) warranty/guarantee ?? or do have some other kinda of warranty / guaruntee from the dealer ? what ever it should be in the paper work you received when purchased one of the above !
    if you cant figure it out have them show you in writting of what Exactly is covered and what if any cost limit amount.

That plan i think is an in-house tire wheel plan. I never buy extra's like that so I know I don't have any info on them. Sounds like you have more than got your money worth out of it. Good for you.
    Not surprised on the mis match it doesn't matter in cruisers or big touring bikes.
    If you don't ride aggressive you should be fine.

Native:
    I fully intend to do so. Considering my luck with tires, this issue may come up again in my future! I guess I was just wondering if anybody had encountered this, as the dealership said they had never even heard of such a thing.

Oh, it is the HD extended service warranty with tire and wheel coverage and I could only find my reciept for the purchase, no additional information. It has saved my ass several times though, thats for sure, what with free tows and rental cars.

RTperformance:
    Certainly don't drag any knees, thats for sure, and yes it's paid for itself many times over. Super happy with that, just don't want it to end!
    HD Extended Service Plan

* Restrictions apply: See actual contract (both Part I and Part II) for specific coverage, exclusions and restrictions.

got yer contract?

$1500? Have you had all 4 tire replaced? What are you doing to eat these tires?

screw, nail, screw, and the last tire was what appeared to be having driven through glass? Several tiny punctures, slow leak. I stopped checking the other punctures when I found the first leak.

... and no, i can't find my effin contract at the moment. My filing system is a bit, um, neglected. Just a bit though.