Thread: XBR with Hiccups

Ok guys, Im sure I saw a thread on here about this but I cant find it. Took her out for a ride today and noticed she had a slight case of hiccups.... what, why, and how do I figure it out? I have a race ecm, air box delete and breather mod....

Um...what RPM were you at, what throttle position, how warm was the motor. All this information can help the experts make a better diagnosis.

Hey Sirius, The motor was warm. I was probably 30 minutes into a ride. Once at take off, and once just cruising about 30-35mph, idk 2nd or 3rd gear....

Hm...I'm no expert on this by any means, but since it only happened twice it's probably nothing. I've heard (heard being the key word) that the XBs don't like constant RPM for extended periods of time - but haven't had this experience personally.

Ok, its running strong and no other issues. Just the hiccups a few times. Didnt happen much. That may have been it, steady rpm in town. Once on the open rode she was a fun ride:D

my 04xb12s will hiccup and fart every once in a while...usually the first few miles. It seems to do it more if I just jump on it and take off right away. If I let it warm up a few minutes before riding it doesnt hiccup very often. When it does it it usually clears up after a few more miles. Did yours seem to get better near the end of your ride.

It only did it lugging around town.... I think that probably had a lot to do with it... Maybe just need to get used to a Buell again. Its been about 4 years since I owned one... I will get better, I promise:D