Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Neutral light no worky

I knew cause one day I was in a frantic search looking for a blown fuse. I pulled the diode and thought to myself...what the hell is this? I put it back in the wrong way:( and thought oh crap now more stuff is broke. Thanks to the forum my problem got fixed:). Glad it worked for you too

thanks a lot for the instructions and pics. I have a 09 12xbs with only 7000 miles and this switch craped on me. Now i know how to fix it without going to the dealer that doesn't want to work on Buell anymore.

Replaced the neutral switch myself in 10 minutes tops, super easy and it sure is nice to have the neutral light. Paid about $16.00 for the sensor at the Harley dealer (Latus HD).

Do you have the part number? Mine went out a few weeks ago but sometimes it will come on.

Part number is 33900-99, it is actually an HD part number. Super easy to replace.

New to the forum and, naturally, I'm "enjoying" the quirks and foibles of the Buell. I'm compelled to share and hopefully help release someone else in the future from resorting to questioning their sanity.
    It's the neutral switch. Again.
    Actually, the switch was easy and covered many times already. Once I'd replaced it I found a new fault. The neutral light would come on every time I pulled the clutch in. It would go out every time I let the clutch out while in gear. It would stay lit when in neutral, regardless of clutch lever pulled in or not. This was pretty useless when you wanted to really sit in neutral with engine running because you still have to gently let the clutch out to feel it bite.

As mentioned here, it was the diode fuse. I spent all afternoon dicking around with the multimeter trying all manner of witchcraft. I had one last look on here and there was the answer. Now the rest of the family can enjoy a peaceful evening and the Bank Holiday hasn't been ruined.

Thanks guys, made my weekend :-)

I wouldn't blame Buell for that brain fart.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234