Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Firebolt xb9r ECM, ride sputter...

If you don't want to spend money on dyno time - you could also do data-logging. I'm going to go this route this summer (if everything goes the way its supposed to) and hopefully I'll have a video walkthrough to go along with it for you guys. (I do realize there are written ones already)

data logging? I'm sorry being new to this, my last bike was carb, so there was a lot less cpu to it.
    i'm guessing this is something to do with ECMspy?

thanks for the link steven, that was interesting, but i don't think i'll be doing much of that for awhile... i'd like to def get some experience with it first...
    i did manage to go to HD today (without the bike) they told me i needed to buy a blank ECM and have them program it... which correct me if i'm wrong but it seems like a bs way for them to make money. I understand they are a business, but when i suggested putting the old one back in and bringing it in for the 10k service, the guy talked like that would screw my bike all to hell.

any comments/suggestions?

Sometimes you have to feel out the dealer (SORRY)-(MY opinion), Several dealers BUT not all of them, have disowned the Buells I would Really Feel this place out. Maybe just buy the oil filters & some small parts(clutch lever) oil drain plugs primary inspection gaskets etc., and feel out the parts department. Almost sounds like they don't like Buells AND many Don't. The old Ecm is fine for now, REinstall & do a TPS re-set. Check out Stevenc150/and many areas to check out. Daves DIY videos all in one thread will get you started.Unless you are not the mechanical type.Thats OK all Buellers are a Breed apart. If you need help in any way theres Dudes AND Dudettes that will walk you through most of the maint., from front to back. Don't know where you got the extra ECM but ECM Spy at a later time might come in handy. Or sell it And get a ECM from ErikBuellRacing. At least you would have something to fall back on.With a warranty. An extra 2003 XB 9R Ecm would be a plus on your part as a owner. Are there any other dealers around? Your bike is at the age where some parts are 3 months down the road. I know several people that I know that aren't mechanically inclined. Have been burned. Not all Dealers are bad some never wanted the Buells in the first Place. They are Cruiser people & we arn't welcome,as a( bike tech.,) I see a lot of Pixxed off bikers that hate the dealer.BTW- A 10,000mile service is only a oil the cables check & adj., oil & tranny change Check all fluids, check the brakes etc.. Take your time w/ your bike those 9s are great. I'm not trying to be a jerk about Harley Davidson/ it's just that some Dealers and especially the Techs, want the Buells in the Grave. And a Dealer that doesn't like them can mess one up in a hurry. NOT trying to scare you just need you to feel out the dealers around so your bike is maintained the way you would like. We are all Fellow Buellers Here! WE{ welcome you} w/ lots of fun , advice, all Kinds of Mods ,Manuals up at the top of the page.Once you get to reading you will see that your Bike is Unique and Invented by a Real Racer. Now that Harley has moved(Polite)term, us to the back burner they expect the coolest V-Twin & 1125 Sport Bikes of all Time to just get traded in for a Chromed in china almost made in America V twin. And thats ok for some.But the Buell Brand Sport Bike well WE AIN'T Dead! :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12