Thread: race ECM or stock ECM?....

When i bought my bike last year the seller said that it had a race pipe, and race ECM and filter. I know the pipe and filter part is true, but i'm unsure about the ECM i saw someplace else that the race ECM said "for race use only" well my ECM does not say that, and i would like to figure out if i do have a race ECM or just a stock one? is there a part number on it i can check?....

and if it turns out i do have a stock ECM is there anybody who would be willing to help me flash a race map to it? its a 2003 9R. I have a mac, so i cant really do it myself, and i dont know anybody around me who would help with the ECMspy and such. I could pay shipping both ways for my ECM if somebody would be willing to help flash a race map for me.

Post up the part number on your ECM and someone will tell you if its a race or not. There were some out that did not have the "Race Use Only" on them.

Edit- I know P/N 32801-02YA was an early XB9 Race ECM that was sold w/o the race stamp on it (I had some that I sold from race kits).

alright i'll check later on and post it up

Even if you have the stock ECM, there may already be a race map loaded on it, I'm not sure how you would know though. Is there any popping when you let off the gas at high RPMs, or does it run smooth? If it doesn't pop, it's probably a race map.

I'm sure someone could load a map on to it for you, but you'd do best to find someone local to help you because even if you mailed it to someone, you would still need to do a TPS reset to your bike. Maybe you have a friend with a non-Mac laptop that will let you download ecmspy onto their computer?

I have a 2003 xb9 as well, and wouldn't have a problem trying to load the race map onto your ECM, but I just spent MONTHS figuring out how ECMspy works to get the map onto my bike, and I think I'm lucky I finally got it to work. I'd be afraid to take the chance with someone else's ECM. If you need it, I can always send you the map I used, or even a link to where I downloaded it.

other than looking at the ecm itself....

you can see if the ecm says for race use only on it or using ECMSpy you can open two seperate windows of ecm spy and do the following:

open in the second ecmspy window with the race map for that year and see if it matches your maps in the first original window, if not try other years race maps in the second window. hope that is understandable

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...--Arrrggghhhhh

and xoptiinside.com says You can run this in linux or ubuntu under wine if you choose. Even run it in boot-camp in mac. Your not locked to windows.....

ECM-Spy-Download/5/

the ECM only has BX9PA20CB060 and 32801-02Y-02260 numbers on it,

from bosonovas post it sounds like a early race ECM, is that correct?

bump