Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Harley Really F--- Us

I look at what my Buell is worth, and I get so pissed. I own half of what the bike cost new , I put down haft . But harley knock $5,000 of the 2010 to unload them ,making mine worth next to nothing. I much as I love my XB I am thinking all the time do I want to really keep it. Parts are going to be hard to find Haft the dealers that sold Buell you have to order your parts from , they won't stock them. I will never Buy another Harley just for what they did to us. A new Buell , Maybe Depends on price. But Ducati is looking better all the time now, and there dealers will give me more for my Buell then HD. Well not Putting down any brand just so pissed off at Harley, P.S. you would think they would knock some off my loan . Guess not

Yeah I hear you! According to one thread on here - EB has said that HD is supposed to be stocking parts for the next 10 years (a little less now) - but somehow I don't think Harley is going to honor that.

Yea, the ones who bought in the two years before HD gave use the axe got really screwed on what they paid. I do feel for you.

hey Ducati's are great, but after the recession hardly any shop are keeping non maintenance parts in stock. my shop sells ducati's we don't keep anything more then general maintenance parts in stock. oh and on the ducati subject, you should see what parts cost!

I keep My Buell for now , My friends say I sould make it into a chopper , it will be with more. but It's Value sould go up. My old sporty is worth alot more now then what I paid. so we have to see. My sporty is a old iron head so I keeping that one.

I'm sure they will go up in value - just have to wait it out. My M3 will hopefully start gaining value in the next two years - I'm keeping my fingers crossed. (Should've bought a 1st gen 4 years ago !)

Since new stock is all gone now, used prices will rebound.
    Good more me since I am going to be selling mine for medical reasons. love the bike. If weren't for the pain I keep it until it couldn't be repaired anymore or until my son talked me out of it.

HD is supposed to be stocking parts for the next 10 years
    There are Federal laws regarding this, HD will make parts for 7 to 10 years. Dealers don't have to carry anything in stock if they don't want to.

My 04 XB12R just listed on Kbb for $2400 trade in and $3600 retail. I still owe $2000 on it and it will be paid off as soon as my returns hit the bank around the 1st. The thought has crossed my mind to move on to somthing that has more parts readly avalible, but I dont know if I can/want/need to.

I'll keep my XB until it'll fall apart. Than I will rebuild it and ride it again until it'll fall apart again. And so on and on and on. I love that bike! I may add different bike to the stable to preserve the mighty beast as long as possible from mentioned "falling apart" but I'm surely not selling it at all.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast