Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scorpion Helmets: Anybody have one?

I am looking at a scorpion EXO-1000. Sounds like it has a lot of features that are cool. Anybody have a scorpion? Any gripes/praises? I like the idea of the internal flip down tinted shield. Any other helmets have this feature? Thanks guys. -Jay

I have an EXO-700 and my fiance has an EXO-400 we both like them. I crashed in mine last year and just scuffed a bit.

BUT I have heard a couple guys with the 1000's say they didn't care for the fitment, but everyone has a different grape so it could fit you just fine. Helmets are a must wear before you buy item if you want comfort an maximum safety.

Mine

love the scorpion helmets except the 1000.noisy,heavy ventalation isnt great.the 750 has the same features and better graphics lower price and is a better helmet imo.the 500 comes out in march also has all the features weighs less better ventalation better graphics imo.nolan helmets have the inner sun visor.700 is a great helmet also dosnt have the newer features and is desighned for full tuck.i have owned all but the 500 wich im going to get in march.

I like my 700. I got it on closeout for just over $100. Noisy, but good ventilation. I hear the 1000s are heavy so take that for what it's worth.

I've got the 750 and have no problems with fitment after the break-in period

well i cant compare to other helmets , but i do know my Scorpion EXO 1000 helmet is pretty quite not to much wind noise for me, just mostly the beautifull music of the buell exhaust notes , very comfortable with the aero fit (inflatable cheek pads) makes it feel like it is made just for me custom fit, not to heavy, keeps my head cool with vents open and warm when vents are closed, gotta love the sunvisor on bright sunny days or riding into the sun. wow I sound like some scorpion rep. wish i was then maybe i could get some cool free gear!!!
    but seriuosly i like it !

Scorpion EXO 1000

Helmets of Buellers

.................................................. ........

alot more reviews online too.

ok for the only gripe about it that i can think of is I wish the internal drop down sunvisor was polarized . But they are replacable with other colors , so maybe Scorpion will come out with polarized one soon !

1000 review to bad i didnt see this before i bought one

^^^^^ Good find on that +1

I know its not what you were asking aboot but I rock the HJC IS-16 and it has features that are what you are looking for.

After almost 10k I have no complaints, its light @ 3# 6oz, not too noisey for being a budget lid, great ventilation and once you peel the HJC sticker off its stealthy, lol

check it out here and get a discount!

http://pinkgorillacycles.com/apparel...orcycle-helmet

i have had the exo-1000 for 3 years.
    A little noisy.
    comfortable.
    Great helmet for the money!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast