Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wont stay running????????

i have a 05 buell firebolt xb9r an the battery keeps dying, ill charge it till its 100% then not long after riding (1 hour) the bike will begin to die just b4 its completly dead the red engin light will pop up other than the battery not staying charged the bike runs fantastic dose anyone possibly know what my prolbem is or y my battery keeps dying while i ride????????????????? pleez help its starting to piss me off lol

Sounds like a bad stator...you could try a new battery first though, hopefully it's just something simple like that...

well i changed the battery to a brand new one already i havent checked the stator yet but do u think thats really whats killing my bike and throwing that code?

If you've already tried a new battery then unfortunately the stator is probably the problem...have you pulled the code from your bike so you know what problem it's saying you have?

no i havent bc there isnt anyone around that can read my computer to tell me what codes its throwing i tried going to harley and they wont even touch my bike
    thats y im going threw this forum to try an narrow down the issues and get to the prolbem and hopefully solv it

Oh, it's easy to pull your code yourself, here's how:

With everything off open your diagnostic port (lightning's will be under the seat/bolts in the front fairing). Look into the port and you will see 4 wire ends. Turn it so the little lock part is at your 12 o'clock position, then use something to jump the two wires on the right (screwdriver usually works best, but anything metal should be fine). With the wires jumped turn on your key and kill switch (but do not start the bike). Your CEL should come on, then flash rapidly about 8 times, pause, then flash slowly for the first digit of the code (the number of flashes is the first number of the code), pause 2 seconds, then slowly for the second digit of the code (again, number of flashes is the second number of the code). If there is a second code it will pause again, then do the same for the second code...when it gets to the last code it will just keep repeating them till you turn the bike back off.

And once you get the code here's the breakdown of what they mean:

11-TPS
    13- O2 sensor
    14-ET (engine temp)
    15-air intake temp
    16-battery voltage
    21-exhaust actuator
    23-front injector
    24-front coil
    25-rear coil
    32-rear injector
    33-fuel pump
    35-tach
    36-fan
    44-bank angle sensor
    52, 53, 54, 55- ECM failure
    56-cam sync. Failure

thank u so much ima try that out tomorow hopefully i get a result ill let u know

Great info on how to test your stator for being good or bad: Stator Testing

Thanks Stevenc150, I thought about retyping the other post. I've changed so many parts on the charging systems On just about any Harley Davidson AND Buell/XB/1125 Etc.,I have it memorized. Hey I just Towed a 1982 Shovel Head in to the shop. Beautiful bike not my style But I'll dang sure fix it.Ahhhh its late Time i got HOME Thanks Jimi.:D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast