Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wobbly front brake.

thanks guy. there isnt much noise in the rotor but i guess im looking at getting a new rotor. Konarider where did u order the rotor from?

konarider94, keep us posted if replacing the rotor and hardware fixes the pulsing.
    But suggestion, replace just the rotor and see if that helps, if not then put in the new hardware. You have a upper hand getting all this new stuff.

konarider94, keep us posted if replacing the rotor and hardware fixes the pulsing.
    sure thing, gotta wait for all this Michigan snow to melt though so it might be a while. i already mounted the rotor with the new hardware so i cant test the way you mentioned.

EBR's description of the new style hardware
    "This kit replaces the stock front brake rotor mounting hardware. This mounting system increases the rotor to wheel contact, which improves the heat dissipating characteristics of the front brake system. It also reduces the brake drag of the system by keeping the rotor in better alignment in extended high temperature situations. These improvements provide more consistent lever feel for the racer."

i ordered my rotor from erikbuellracing.com if you use coupon code "brake rotor" you can get a new 6mm rotor for 99 bucks. then the mounting hardware is another $40

Mine does the same thing, has since I bought it. It's not bad, doesn't affect normal riding, it's just when I use the brakes with a lot of pressure. That's not usually necessary though. I'm gonna buy a new rotor eventually, but it's not the first thing on my list. I was starting to think maybe it was the headstock bearings, but then I remembered that if I'm moving about 10-15mph and just grab the brakes slightly you can feel the slight pulsing, so it's definitely the brakes.

Any real benefits to some of the EBR rotors with the different thickness, or is it just a weight savings? I'd rather buy the original one if it was gonna be more sturdy. I like the looks of it more than any of the waved rotors I've seen too.

Check the disk like they say, other then that i get this problem and ill just replace the pads and it will be fine for me. Try that, it never hurts to put new pads on, and they are only 30 to 40$

mine started doing the same thing and as i looked it over well as i was riding i found out what the prob was.my front bearings were shot.put new bearings and brake pads and its like rideing a new bike.

Let us know what it was. wobbly front is never fun.

here is the new configuration

Has anyone used this new style of hardware? is it worth the money to get it? any comments or thoughts would be nice.

ive used it to mount my rotor, seems like a good system. havent ridden it yet, stay tuned it will be soon. more than a couple days though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast