Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Group rides & Talimena scenic drive ride

as it says Oklahoma Group ride Talimena scenic drive.
    Who wants to go this year?
    It would be great to get alot of buells together for this and other rides in and around Oklahoma.

there are several of us OK Buellers wanting to ride the Talimena Scenic Drive, down in south east Oklahoma.
    and maybe even some other good ride destinations in and around oklahoma.

see here for a good review of it . here on .motorcycleroads.com

Except from motorcycleroads.com;
    The Talimena National Scenic Byway or, for short, Talimena Drive extends west to east along the ridgeline of the Winding Stair Mountain and Rich Mountain in southeastern Oklahoma. These are the highest point in elevation between the Appalachians and the Rockies. These fifty miles are filled with sharp curves and 13% grades extending from Talihina, Oklahoma on the west end to Mena, Arkansas on the west end. There are several vistas that overlook the valleys to the north and south as well as picnic grounds along the route as well. Some of the most breathtaking scenery in Oklahoma can be found along this drive.
    The speed limit is SLOW which of course allows you to enjoy the scenery. Since the road generally only supports scenic traffic, the road conditions are less than perfect. Since you will be traveling well under the speed limit, you will probably not even notice an occasional pothole.

This is open to anyone that wants to go on a motorcycle(or car if the bike is in for repairs). post up here if you want to go and then we will figure out when will will do this this year .

You may post up any rides in Oklahoma and nearby in this thread too.

Dont forget about the ride with XB12Lt when he said he's probably gonna be riding into Oklahoma probably the last week in April. see here for his story and why he is riding throught OK. Keep an eye out for his thread on his details about when & where his route will take him on his trip.

Wow....you remembered ...I'm still planning to go. My family just had the club memorial for my dad. That was a freaking cold ride (18 degrees ). But it was one of the best rides I had. When it gets closer I'll start posting my route. As of now I know I'll go to Oklahoma first, then nevada, then death valley (these were his favorite places to go). After that I'll play in cali then head back home to Washington. Thank you so much for remembering native...this will be the ride of my life and I hope to share that with some of the fellow buellxb'rs.

I'm in for both rides. Probably gonna have a little Kawasaki along with us for the GF.

I'm still in the National Guard... So, the third weekend of every month the Army owns me.

I'm in for both rides. Probably gonna have a little Kawasaki along with us for the GF
    that great and cool.
    any motorcycle is welcome .
    I dont think anyone will mind a kawi riding along.

kinda same for me as the 3rd saturday of every month is when I go to the Stompdance(ceremonial grounds).

I'm off next wed thru sun if someone wants to ride. I live about 60 miles southeast of Dallas. I would love to ride talimena, but I'm not very experienced. I'm always willing to learn though.

Its a great ride my pops and me rode it last spring it was fun but highway 26 right out of mena arkansas blows it away.

I'm up for it. I would probably take my toybox and set up at Talimena State park on a Friday afternoon. That could be a good base for someone wanting to camp out. Nice showers etc. I would have plenty of room for anyone needing a place for their bedroll.. or space in the trailer to haul out from Norman.

I thought I would give this thread a bump to help remind us Oklahoma Buellers, and who ever else wants to go on group rides in or around OK.

Ok just like most of you I'm going nuts not being able to ride much because of all the crappy and changing weather here in OKlahoma.
    As I am trying to get all my gear for this year, and looking for good roads and places to ride along with some great places to go camping, fishing, & hiking, and how how I might be able to do this by getting there on my buell with what I need(but I will leave that discussion for this thread here--> Adventure-Buellers--more ).
    I am so glad to see April finally here this friday:)

anyways I found this site that has a google map of some other motorcycle, motocross, ATV, and trails for off road use. so I thought I woul share it with the other Oklahoma Buellers here.

Where to Ride in OK .... thumpertalk.com .......

also if you have not done it already I would suggest reading this thread

New-Google-Map-for-Buellers and post up on the map where abouts you are in OK or other states, to help find another Bueller to ride with.

here is the link to the google map -->

Buellers Map

and I found some other links about Talimena Drive and the Campground on the mountain just off the Hwy 1 Talimena Scenic Drive Winding Stair campground but there is no electric there from it says.
    here is some more links too.
    arklahomahiker.org ouachita
    touringdepot.com Talimena Drive
    fs.fed.usTalimena_Scenic_Drive ..mapbyways.org Talimena_Scenic_Drive pdf map ...

I live 15 minutes south of OK border in Serman, TX let's post some dates and get this together. I can bring another bueller and a ducati from Dallas, so add 3 more riders!

that is great netty2424 , as of today 3-31-2011 the dates have not been set for the complete OK Buellers group ride to Talimena drive. keep checking back to this thread or PM me , but it should be soon this month of april or maybe may if the weather and other things postpone it. Alot of us OK Buellers in about the last week of april will being riding with XB12Lt for his dads' tribute ride (see link above) throught Oklahoma if you and any other want to join in, If so I believe XB12lt would like that !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast