Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Group rides & Talimena scenic drive ride

Woot woot...I hope the weather gets a little better. I'm gonna be a raisin before I get halfway. Already got two sets of tires just have to do the swingarm bearings and get an extra belt.;)

I'm proud to know there are some Buells in Oklahoma because we ain't got any in Tulsa. Well OK I think there are three active riders but I never see any Buells other than on here. This ride is way too far for me to travel on a naked sportbike but maybe someday I can get down that way and check out the land. My old body just cant take them all day rides anymore. I'm only 44 but I been working(blue collar) for a living for about 25 years. You guys be safe and have a great season.

Hey oky buellers, I was supposed to be in nevada may 4th but the plans to take my dads ashes to death valley has changed to a later date. My trip was to leave everett, wa. go to oklahoma, from oklahoma go to nevada, then death valley and on back home. So it looks like I'll be going to oklahoma to play around for a bit and then head back home. I'll post up before I take off ( I can't wait ). So as of now I still want to head that way at the end of the month.

Ok the weather has been off & on here lately and always changing , but heck that's Oklahoma for you!! and I have been busy with family and work, as most of you have too.

So I was thinking of having the Talimena Scenic Drive ride on the 1st or 2nd weekend of June.
    (the weekend of the 4th of June or weekend of the 11th of June) (or maybe even the 3rd weekend of june)I would like to go this weekend but I have to work and with it being a Holiday the campground will be packed and lots of traffic there and on the roads to and from. Netty2424 said he may go ride there this weekend with some of his Buell & Ducatti buddies, so if you want to ride this weekend there he maybe going.

so lets figure out when we want to do the big group ride and maybe camp if you want to .

I would like to know if possible of which weekend by Wednsday(25th) if it is going to be the 1st weekend of the 4th of june so I can get off work for that weekend.

ok the first weekend(4th) of June is out, for me, gotta work now.
    so the second weekend of june (11th &12th) or the Third(18th & 19th) weekend or Fourth(25th & 26th) weekend of June.

Native, no luck on making it up your way this weekend. Had a couple guys back out last minute and the rest of us had too much going this weekend to be able to throw a couple days at the ride. Few of us who were able did get out and ride today, got in a couple hundred miles.

I could maybe be in for the fourth weekend. I just had knee surgery a couple weeks ago, so I'm kinda down for a few more weeks. It's ok, cause the Buell is down for right now too... Waiting on parts.

plan on going through there and into ark in august thanks to this thread.

Wish I could go but I have to work on Sat and my PTO is all tied up. Post other rides you guys think of, would be cool to join

I'm looking forward to a ride soon. I usually make a couple trips to the Talihina area in the fall. I will post up dates when I get it figured out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast