, catch, pictures" /> Xtremelow's War Horse Build Start to End
Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Xtremelow's War Horse Build Start to End

Actual build pics start on page #11, if you want to just see the bike pics, and not all the aftermarket items and what not.

Well I feel I have enough parts, pieces, and even more on order to begin a Build thread for my newest, latest, greatest bike!

Little low down, the new bike will be a 2007 XB9R. I have basically done one thing or another to everything on the bike minus the wiring harness or main assembly of the motor. I admit I don't have the know how to begin taring a motorcycle motor apart .

So throughout the pictures I am trying to catch each piece and will try to post up what the plans are.

I will start off with a Photoshop I did on what I had hope the bike would end up as, well better but a guide for the build.

Here are a couple shots of the powder coat. It will all be a gloss black and a military gloss green.

All the Carbon Fiber will mainly be painted over, I will leave sections exposed, but the CF will just be a small visual ascent.

Also ordered this from EBR yesterday and got it a mere 16hrs later

1st check the regulator plug update; dont have it? get it. u might get 10k miles before it goes out.

my internal fuel pump wire got rubbed and went bare; had to fill in the hole by melting the area around it.

07 primary covers only have (2) model replacements; be careful with the clutch cable, covers etc

WOW! :D to EBR too! thats quick! Cant wait to see things going together!

Like the color combo. You thought about greening the lower chin and maybe 1 or 2 green racing stripes stretching from the top front to the back? Just some thoughts that ran through my head when looking at the photoshop.

I can't view photobucket at work.. anyone mind helpin' out?

Badass dude! I love build threads :-)

Swapped the pics off PhotoBucket

The CF pieces will be Gloss black, Green, and the CF.

I have to decide how I am going to do the paint exactly but most likely the air box, chin fairing, and tire hugger will all have small amounts of CF, covered with the black in some type of design and a heavy Green pinstripe and or separation line of some type.

Also I will be doing a single headlight on the left side with the Race Fairing, that will be painted Gloss black and the same military green.

I sware next color was going to be military/olive green with carbon fiber almost exactly like that!!! Looks awesome, close to what Im thinking. I thought about doing some stripes of carbon with the green on the tank, tail, and chin.

Fantastic... This is going to be an awesome build.

that is a sick color scheme! a little daunting seeing the bike laying on the floor in about a hundred or so pieces. cant wait to see the finished product!

Page 1 of 61 1231151 ... LastLast