Thread: Won't start. 2003 XB9R.

There are 2 things going on that I can see, not sure if they are connected. What I've done so far is replace the battery, checkEd the fuses, and rotate the relays. I'm getting power to the dash panel gages (the green neutral light is very dim) the fuel pump whines, and the lights/horn work, but hit the start switch-NOTHING. The second problem that I'm not sure is connected is when kickstand is down neutral is not reconized, so the fuel pump does not come on. Any adivice on getting me back on the road will be apperciated, I'm fairly mechanically inclined but I'm stumped.
    Thanks

Start with checking grounds. I found out that if the top engine tie bar isn't grounded the start switch won't do anything by chance lol.

Sounds like the battery is on its last leg. Like winzut said. Check grounds. On front of forks and to the right of the battery.

A low light means little juice. Try charging the battery. If it doesn't hold a charge still its probably your stator.

Good news is both problems most likely have the same cause: Check your diode (looks like the other mini-fuses except has an arrow on top) to make sure it's pointing the right direction as it restricts voltage to flow in only one direction. If it's in backwards it wouldn't work. If swapping the direction doesn't work, check it with a multimeter to see if it's shot, you may need a new one.

try pulling in the clutch when you try to start it. It kind of sounds like you have safety switch that is broken.