Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BPG--- ICON helmet

BPG- I read an earlier post where you were swearing by ICON helmets. I am looking into the Airframe. I heard a guy "running his mouth" in the Cycle Gear shop the other day. He was saying that ICON has had problems in the past standing behind their products. Wondering if you have experienced any problems with ICON at all.

Thanks
    B.R.

As far as I'm concern ICON is mostly a fashion brand the way I look at it, if it's good enough for a pro superbike racer it's good enough for me and I haven't seen a pro wearing ICON yet

Good point...however, don't most pros get paid/free stuff for wearing particular gear. From what I have seen, ICON is geared more towards stunt than race. Your statement proves why they do this... "if it's good enough for a pro...it's good enough for me."

Like taking a dump in a box and slapping a guarantee on the box....just a guaranteed piece of ****. LOL

I was asking BPG, because he is the resident expert of this forum, and I defer to his vast all-knowing power!

That last post was in no way meant to undermine LeFox's knowledge and abilities. Just having a little fun.

I understand what you mean it's just me I'm kind of picky on the brabds I will use to protect my nuggen. I was alway stuck on aray and shoei but recently ad shark to my list with my new rsr2

I have never had any problems at all with Icon standing behind their stuff, whether it be mine or the customers that I sell the stuff to. Great products, IMO

Fashion brand my ass.... Just because pros don't wear the brand, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You ride a Buell and there aren't any in motoGP.

They couldn't have a CE approved rating if it didn't pass the same standards as the $1000 race jackets that are uncomfortable as hell to wear on the streets.

I had an Icon Mainframe helmet, and was VERY impressed by the quality and comfort..
    By far my favorite helmet to date.
    I will buy another one when I can

Thank you BPG...

No prob

Fashion brand my ass.... Just because pros don't wear the brand, doesn't mean it's not a good product. You ride a Buell and there aren't any in motoGP.
    Don't take it that bad!! I'm not attacking anyone here I just stated my opinion and for your info I do where a Icon jacket and I got it because it was cheap and I liked the look of it, would I buy another one? not sure but myy point was for helmets and I know I might miss some good brands but when it come to my head I don't take any chance and if that mean sticking with more expensive/proven brand I will. I only gave my opinion here but I guess it was a bad idea.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast