Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help low rpm sputter

ok here is a photo of the bike the right way and before i painted the mirrors and lights

is this better

Looks like a force to me. The screaming eagle plugs aren't bad per say...I would change them out the next time your up for service to the ngk's. Breather reroute will help with the lower rpm bucking. Also a good tune will help with surging.

dallasb yea someone told me to try the platinum plugs i guess i'll order some tomorrow and try that out and as far as the reroute i have a list i found online and intsructions on how to do that i'll get that done asap also thanks

My guess would be in the fuel mapping. I have a 00 X1 with a force pipe on it. The same issue happened when I removed a V&H pipe and installed the force pipe. I still really like the force pipe because above 3000 RPMs, where I ride 90% of the time, the power comes on much stronger and harder than the V&H.

Dwight
    Nashville IL

yea thats what i'm saying when i'm riding about 50ish and drop to third to pass someone it's a feeling not to many people can experience and it gets addicting

totally off the subject here, but,

should't ur heel guards be black???

:D

No air box mod and HD sparks are certainy someting to look first... Air box mod is done in 5 min (easy version is BatDrill and hole drillbit, then get NGK plugs and it should&will get better... Gas smell when stopping is a TPS issue... do the TPS reset using ECSspy

Its different and i think i might like it.

k well i went to work this morning to find out that my contract ended yesterday so i got sent home for a few days i'm going to start with changing the plugs and the breather reroute and i'll let everyone know how that goes and thanks to everyone on ya'll advice. i wish they would have more buells around where i live it's not that often to see one around not saying no one has any around i just don't see them to often

ok i purchased everything for the breather mod and also some new ngk plugs i installed the plugs only today and went test ride it it still does it some but that baby has a noticeable increase in get up in go when i pulled the harley plugs out i compared them to one another and the electrode on the ngk was alot bigger and it makes a big difference and tomorrow when i wake up i'll do the breather mod so once again thanks to all for ya'll help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast