Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone familiar with Buell ECM stuff? ECMSpy etc?

if your ecm is dead, you won't be able to restore anything, cause it will not talk to your pc anymore.

dallasb thanks again. I'm going to buy the cable and download everything. Once I'm ready in a few weeks would you be willing to help? I'm willing to pay you for your time...maybe up to $50/$100? I'm afraid of screwing something up but i really want to learn how to back up my ecm data and how to restore it if needed. Thanks.
    Sure man that won't be a problem. When your ready just PM me your phone or email (which ever you prefer).

Ich, I want to be able to restore to a new ecm if mine dies :-P

You may or may not be able to restore your firmware to a new ecm. It depends what firmware the new ecm has to start with.

Ich, I want to be able to restore to a new ecm if mine dies :-P
    if you don't know how to save a eeprom copy, you also don't know how to modify it, so there's no need to copy any contents from old to new. what kind of bull**** are you talking there?

if you don't know how to save a eeprom copy, you also don't know how to modify it, so there's no need to copy any contents from old to new. what kind of bull**** are you talking there?
    What don't you understand about taking a known working configuration and applying that to a replacement part?

Are you wanting to save a stock map or a modified one? You sound like you want to save a stock one, and there is no need for that.

I reread your first post. Do you know for a fact that your current ecm is modified for the drummer? If not and ot runs fine then don't worry about it. Plenty of bikes here have modified exhaust and still run well with stock ecm. Spend some time searching and reading and learn the programs and process.

Have a 2008 Buell Ulysses, and have been working with David that has the TunaBuelltooth system. He came up with a great tune that make unbelievable power not using closed loop system. However, cannot get my bike to idle right for some reason. After doing the TPS reset and running the bike I would stop and turn off the ignition. When I restarted the bike it reverts back to a TPS default for some reason and does not save the TPS data after resetting and running. Now David suggests going to IDS and updating my firmware from the BUEYD to BUE2D being he uses that verse my version. Anybody have any suggestions/comments to solve this issue?

Let me see if I understand the question....

You state that you and Dave have been working on tuning together, and you seem to have confidence in what he is doing.

But now, he suggests getting a firmware update from IDS and you are questioning his judgement?

Why not just do what he recommends? Do you not trust his judgement?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast