Thread: help! something wrong

I have a xb9r and the bike was idleing in my garage. the bike stated to idle funny, sputtered and then died. i pulled the plugs they were kinda crummy and replaced em. bike still wont start up. any ideas what is wrong?

are the new plugs good/threaded correctly?...

When you try to start it does it just spin over or does it act like it wants to fire up just won't? Check your battery voltage first to make sure it is not low. Turn your switch on and the run switch on, does the fuel pump run for a few seconds like it is priming up? Check your plug wires on both ends to be sure they are seated all the way on the plugs and the coil. Let us know what ou do, find, see, hear. The more info you can give us, the easier it is for us to help diagnose.

it acts like it wants to start up. it kinda of starts and then sputters out. the battery is good i have it on a tender. the fuel pump does prime up. it was running fine. im going to double check the plugs to make sure i put them in right.

culprit found!!! i pulled out the rear plug to check it once more and noticed it was wet from gas. i took a look at the spark plug boot and realized the previous owner had damaged the wire. he had pulled it to hard and the wire and boot had pulled apart. he then cut the bottom of the boot so that the wire would make contact instead of buying a new wire. i guess because these bikes shake like a small earthquake at idle it finally backed off enough to where the bike wouldnt run anymore and it sputtered and died.. after plowing my fuse and using every swear word in the book i calmed down and figured out the problem with the help of you guys. thanks all!

Those wires are right in a high heat area. My plug wire puller had to bend a little to get it to work on the rear cylinder. I usally inspect them both when I do a Tune/etc. Plus a little smere insulation grease so no water of corrosion can get in. Glad it was easy fix.