Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Exhaust Mod

Ok I have been doing alot of reading and searching. I am going to eventually purchase the Drummer SS exhaust but in the mean time I need to do something. I have done a little bit of reading about people cutting the inner pipe of the exhaust exit pipe. Does this really make a noticeable sound difference and does it effect anything else by doing this? Take into consideration my bike is a bone stock 2010 xb12r. I am looking for some real answers and have not been able to find any. I just want a bit more rumble for now. Thanks in advance and don't beat me up to bad. I am a new buell owner and have owned all HD's in the past.

Send your stock to Hawk. It's only $200.00. He will customize it for a little extra. Or you can chop it yourself. It's a Bitch tho. Here ya go brah. Good luck

Don't use black charcol paint tho. Use high temp header paint 1000 degree.

Easy mod

Give this a try, I ran this way for about 6 months with no probs, then I got a Hawk:D

I gutted my stock exhaust on my xb9 just like in the video. It sounds much better and is quick and cheap. I took still pictures too. Gutting the pipe goes really quick. Easy mod, great gain.

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...by-Captain-Ron

this one is easy. in that thread they also talk about drilling a hole inside the pipe where it exits. also you can stick a dremel inside and cut a ring and bend it in. there is a thread about that somewhere.

I have done a little bit of reading about people cutting the inner pipe of the exhaust exit pipe. Does this really make a noticeable sound difference and does it effect anything else by doing this?
    i should have read your post more the first time. it is a noticeable increase in sound. thats what i ran all last year. it did run good with a k&n and no tune. i just made a small cut with a dremel.

So I did the mod and when idleing I blip the exhaust a bit and it almost sounds like a miss or something you hear kinda like a suction type/pop sound from under the airbox. Any ideas? My bike is a 2010 xb12R all stock and I only made 2 3/8" holes with a pry bar through the exhaust port. I dont have the funds to send it to hawk yet and would not be able to get a welder in there with out tearing it apart? Please help me, my tags should be here this week and I wanna ride.

I bought the jardine k&n air and ebr race ecm for my 09 12 firebolt. I tryed reseting the tps not sure if I did it right or if it worked. The bike sounds like crap when real cold and the idle is bouncing around at times when its warm. Ive put 500 miles on ran good but concerned about the idle and the bike idle down slow low twice it killed the engine while bike was just idling in neutral. ?? TPS reset you hold throttle back and forth for a second, 3 or 4 times tryed both?

'08+ TPS Reset Procedure:

- Turn on the key.

- Set the kill switch to the run position.

- Don’t start the engine. Rotate the throttle from fully closed (gently forced closed) to fully open (gently held open), and then back again to closed (gently forced closed).

- Repeat 3 times. Hold each position (fully open, fully closed) for 1 full second.

- Turn the key off and on.

I just wired the exhaust valve open. No loss of anything. I have an 05 though. Just a little more noise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast