Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody with an 03 actually notice a difference after loading a race map?

I've fought with my bike for a while, and posted a few questions about loading the race map onto my bike. It appears that I finally have it on there, but now I'm curious what it's actually supposed to be doing.

My bike rides exactly like it did before. It pulls the same, takes the same amount of throttle to get the front wheel off the ground, and makes the same popping sound on decel. I thought maybe the map didn't take and was going to try reloading a different 03 map, and even tried copying the 04 map to compare, and best I can tell I do have the race map loaded on my bike. If I pull up my old stock map, the new map on my computer, plus any race map I find online for an 03-04 xb9s, you can definitely tell that my current map is the same as the race maps, and different from the stock map, and yet my bike runs exactly the same.

How many of you guys started with a stock 03, had a race map loaded, then got on the bike and actually noticed a difference?

If anyone has, would you care to send me a copy of your eeprom and map? I feel pretty lost and hate having to bug everyone on here about it for what's probably the 10th time, but I swear I've done everything right.

On a positive note, I rebuilt the carbs on the GS500 this morning and it's such a peaceful experience. I know FI is supposed to be better, but I'd rather sit down at a work bench with some carbs and some tools instead of my computer any day.

I just loaded the race maps onto mine, fired up right away, but you do have to remember thatthere isn't a huge difference in the fueling between the stock '03 and race '03. There might be a few hp increase as long as you have an airbox and exhaust mod to match, also a real tune will make the big difference. Essentially the race maps adds in a little more fuel to compensate for the more open intake and exhaust.

Mine fires up and rides fine, but it just feels like it's still the stock map. I would assume that the engine was running better and that was good enough, but it still pops a lot so I assume it's still running lean.

The 04 map looks pretty much the same as the 03. Do you think I'd notice any difference if I copied the values from an 05+ map?

Stock Map Front:

2003:

Race Maps Front:

2003:

2004:

2005:

They appear to be identical. I'll have to check out some other maps later and see if there's any differences between the other years. I had always heard people say that the 9 with an exhaust and race map felt like an xb12 in stock trim. I'm more of the opinion that a 9 with an exhaust and race map feels more like xb9 in stock trim.

all xb9 race maps are the exact same

2003 Front Timing:

Race:

Stock:

Interesting. Sounds like I just need to find an xb12

Thanks for the help!

Really interested in this two, I also thought the race and stock were exactly the same. Dunno what to do.

stock and race fuel maps are slightly differnet, however, it is the timing that makes the difference. If you notice in my last post it shows the difference in the timing. If you just load the race fueling there won't be a damn difference, load the map and timing you should notice a difference.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast