Thread: Tank pad!?

Okay guys so I bought a black 1125cr last month and the only think I cant seem to find is the right tank pad. Im not diggin the carbon fiber one made for it. I'd prefer black, but possibly even a sweet lookin universal one that fits the red and black theme of my bike. Any Suggestions? thanks

There's a serious lack of tank pads for the XBs and 1125s. I've wanted a nice one for a while but your only options are the carbon fiber one, the silver one with the buell logo, and the rubber ones from... techspec is it?? I'd really just like a good black one, maybe a buell logo on it in white or silver. I bought some rubber stuff from home depot and I'm just gonna make one temporarily until I come up with something better. The previous owner of my airbox had put one of those shield shaped buell stickers from ebay onto the back of my airbox and when I pulled it off I found out that the sitcker had eaten away at the plastic and layers of plastic were literally peeling off. I just want to cover it up with something that isn't carbon fiber, silver, or cheap looking rubber. Maybe I can fiberglass something.

I was going to get the TechSpec tank pad from Al, but I didn't like the looks of it. I got the full intake cover and frame kit from him, but I thought the tank pad should be a little more appealing.

I'll probably just end up with a generic one in carbon fiber print or something ... ProGrip makes them over at Motorcycle-Superstore.com ... just seach "tank pad." They make a nice 8" x 5" one or something in CF print that should look okay. They also have one that fades from CF to red ... but I'd be worried about the red not matching or clashing. That's a no-no.

I was going to get the TechSpec tank pad from Al, but I didn't like the looks of it. I got the full intake cover and frame kit from him, but I thought the tank pad should be a little more appealing.
    Techspec can do custom stuff... if you send them the shape you want, they can cut it. the only bad thing is they only offer in black.

agfish, black is a good thing!! i will possibly have to call them and see if they can make a glossy black pad. i see they have the gripster pad for the buell but im not diggin the matte finish. thanks for your guys input

I just ordered a clear one. I personally hate the things. I just want to protect my new paint.

Looks like I will have to look into something custom. I like the CF one but putting it on a CF tank is about as dumb as it gets, even though it will be painted.

Thinking about a custom print but they are close to $70

I have a sweet leather cover that you could sew a grenade patch on. That would be cool. I could have my gal sew it on to. Just a thought. Your bike needs a grenade on it somewhere.