, suggestion, hesitate, breather, re-route, primary, change, drummer, xb12r, completely, frustrated, working, clutch, great, adjusted, reset, fully" /> Can't get right!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't get right!

After two fully day of working on my 09 xb12r, I am completely frustrated. I did the following; new drummer ss, EBR ecm, breather re-route, oil change, primary and clutch adjusted, tps reset . From 1.5k rpm to 3k rpm great power, then 3.5 hits and the bike hesitate almost like it's running on one cylinder or starved of fuel. Once I get to 5k rpm it takes off again. Does anyone know why there's such a big power gap? It never did that before even when I was running a gutted pipe and stock ecm. Any suggestion?

Bad/loose plug wires?

That'd have been my first guess.

sounds more like programming than a mechanical problem. I would try and see if you can get an ecm spy cable and take a look at the fuel and timing maps to see if they are ok.

if you just installed an ebr ecm i would call them and ask why this is happening. but i would also check the plugs and wires first.

if it was the wires or plugs it should do it all the time, not in a rpm span.

I talked to Kevin from drummer exhaust ( in my opinion the best exhaust for buell's on the market) and he told me that it is probably the EBR ecm. The maps that EBR are loading are not correct, they are still using the map from the standard drummer and not the ss. I'm going to try the stock ecm, if that doesn't work the spark plugs are coming out. Thanks for the help guys.

Just try tuning it. Or take the octopus' tuning course, it is very reasonable and is a very informative course. You will not regret it if you do. And you will get a much better tune for your particular bike. I can almost guarantee it has nothing to do with your plugs or wires.

What's the octopus tuning course?

http://www.buellxb.com/Buell-XB-Foru...uning-Sessions

Here is the thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast