Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The wifes new blast

did u ever think she got tired of you scaring the **** out her so she let you buy her a bike? lol Or did u just get tired of her hitting u on the back whenever she wasnt please with something u did like RT use to do.
    yea thats true too she really didnt like when the front tire came off the ground.

Shes ridden a dirtbike around a little but this will be the first real ride. Once i get it running good ill take her to a parking lot and let her paractice then in the spring probley send her to the basi riders course so she can get her license too.

The seat is a corbin ostrich leather they told me. like $350 they said. Its comfy and i think if we paint the plastics black or maybe blue it will look ok. If not maybe just get it recovered

Replace das boot - cheap - replace pilot jet 42 with the 45 jet and you sahould be good to go. Don't bother cleaning the carb, add Seafoam to some hi grade gas and you'll be fine.
    EZ

with the right color choice you can make the bike look really nice with that seat. maybe military green?
    wait a minute where did I see just that....
    here you are for inspiration

more pics here
    if you know how to play with photoshop it can help with decision

thanks for the pic. that green looks sweet.

Replace das boot - cheap - replace pilot jet 42 with the 45 jet and you sahould be good to go. Don't bother cleaning the carb, add Seafoam to some hi grade gas and you'll be fine.
    EZ
    Is the das boot the carberator boot? thats what im assuming. What will the bigger pilot jet do? will that make it run a little better?

A Blast is like a vintage! Owning one is awesome!

how about painting it white? thats what were thinking now. and then black frame

yea thats true too she really didnt like when the front tire came off the ground.
    But extra weight on the rear axle makes it so easy and Fun :).

Cherry road the highschool lot 1 day the next day we never stopped in the lot.
    She is a natural i am lucky.
    Be calm and cool .
    When you get to street ridding 2 way helmet radios are help full .
    You can't talk over top my 1125r.
    And it made it easier to say lets swap side where going right at the next stop sign.
    Lets you keep more attention on where your going(instead of looking in your mirrors to be sure she is still close) she says hay your getting to far it's easy to slow up a bit.
    Godd luck and it sure is nice to have a riding buddy when ever you want to ride.

Yes - you are ultra lean from the factory for the EPA - the 45 makes it a better bike all around and less susceptible to any lean condition disaster that could happen due to das boot/intake coupler failure. A new coupler every 3 years or so guarantees a fresh rubber seal, so just stock up, if your in the stock configuration - lol - usually a dirty Blast carb consists mostly of clogged pilot jet, so replacing it can usually - with Seafoam in a fresh tank - take care of all those problems associated with sitting around to o long and not ran.
    EZ

Alright thanks EZ ill go pick up some parts and do that

Well i picked up some krylon plastic paint today. first we decided to do white but they had a sweet looking silver in a hammered finish so i picked up a can of both. Let me know if you guys like the white or silver better. Also you might be able to see that i trimmed the front fairing and tail down and got rid of the reflectors, i think it looks much better. Ill have to get some better pics. Also the frame will be black.

I like the silver color better but i think the white goes better with the seat color. I really want to get the seat recovered in black but im not sure how much thats gonna cost.

I also pulled the carb of today and sure enough my carb boot was almost ripped in half so im sure thats the problem causing it not to idle. Im gonna order one of them and probley get a new plug, plug wire, and change oil and filter while im at it. Is the harley dealer the best place to get the rubber boot? im sure they would probley have to order it. I see that buellparts. net has them for 15 but not sure how long shipping will take.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast