, aftermarket, stock, replaced, interactive, valve, informed, changed, re-calibrated, plugs, service, lightning, becuase, dealer, girlfriends, house, fuel/exhaust, quickly, overheat, freezing, frost, literally" /> Fuel/Exhaust Service

Thread: Fuel/Exhaust Service

Took the 09 Lightning Long to a dealer becuase it did not idle very well. They informed me that they changed the plugs and re-calibrated it, however it now seems to overheat very quickly. It was freezing cold, (literally frost on the seat!) when I rode home from the girlfriend's house) and the fan still came on. Does anyone know of a dealer/mechanic in Northeastern Illinois or Southeastern Wisconsin who is good at diagnosing/tuning the FI?

Also, to make the bike more simple, has anyone replaced the stock exhaust (with the interactive valve). I would like to go to an aftermarket exhaust, re-map the FI for longevity, ditch the exhaust flapper, and ride the bike more than turn wrenches.

Zip tie it open it runs much smoother and cooler with the valve open %100 all the time. There is a thread on here that shows how I just can't remember the name I think it may be (exhaust fun).