Thread: 2009 XB9SX Oil Capacity w/ Oil Change

Heya fellas,

Just did an oil change and filter change on my '09 XB9SX and although the manual says it takes 2.5 quarts including what goes in the filter itself, that barely put any oil on my dipstick after a hot-check. So, I added a little more, went for a ride, checked it again... still low. Added more, rode for another 10 mins, checked again. Added more. etc. etc. By the time I got it topped off, I had put damn near 3 Quarts in the thing. Checked, double checked, and triple checked for leaks and whatnot of course. None of that going on.

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue with their CityX?

-RG-

Thats nothing. I ended up putting a whole gallon in my bike (sec and pri) before i had enough show up on my dipstick. :\

Are you checking the oil on the side stand? Also are you letting it sit 10 mins after shut down before the hot check?

Probably more like 5 mins after shutdown to let the oil run back into the swingarm a bit, but before it starts to really cool off. And yeah, on the sidestand.

Sorry I had to ask, sometimes it's the simple things that get us...

Might just be that yours is a little thirstier than others, as long as it's not leaking anywhere you should be good to go. If it's the same each time you change your oil I would just chalk it up to one of the characteristics of your bike.

Yep no problem, thats sort of what I was thinking. Was just hoping some other peeps could confirm it. :-D. Every bike it a little bit quirky I guess. Thanks!

I just put in almost 3 q's in my case two days ago, need to check it again to be safe though ;)