Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell 1125R-CR

I know some of you know about my conversion project of mine, converting my 2008 Buell 1125R to a CR with a XB12SCG tailsection. I think I have all the parts and should be working on it this weekend. The bike will be wrapped in carbonfiber and so far, the tailsection conversion can only be described as 'a bitch'. I will try and get several pictures but as for the tail swap, there is a lot of metal fabricating needed and is NOT a direct bolt on set-up. Thanks for all of your input and will try and keep this thread updated. ML

So far, I havent gotten much done. Im having to work more than able to work on this project. Will try and keep post updated.

more pics of the insides of the scoops please. ive been interested to know whats in there. i think that tail section and the scoops are the only thing stopping me from getting a 1125cr. :D i know that the tail part is some mods and the right parts, but i wonder if it would be possible to make the front scoops smaller?

Hey Texas, not sure if that first pic is just a mock up. I know you said you had a little set back.
    But pay close attention to how the seat runs along the frame. That is the best way to get the angle of the tail correct. Unless your going for a lifted look, which in that case your going to run into a issue getting that front corner of the seat to sit right.

And 07xb12sgrin, there isnt really a way to make the pods smaller. Best you can do is go with a full faring kit that "hides" them a little better. Those radiators are very functional, and are essential to keeping the bike cool. It would not only take some serious fab skills, but a lot of R&D to get them to function correctly.

Hey J, its just a mockup. And I had a whole other idea about cutting right top mount off like yours and re-bolting metal on inside as you did but i think its gonna be aluminum and im gonna run it thru the complete inside so you cant see the fab work. Its a nightmare but Im getting closer. Im going back to your idea of mounting on bottom rails and working my way up. I had some buddies over friday and just getting ideas from everyone. Its great to get opinions from everyone and seeing what kinda crazt things they come up with.

Here are some more pics i downloaded.

Looks good hope things start going smoothly for you.

tex, I thought so just making sure. Trust me I went through the frustrations of making this work, I understand!
    I really think getting the lowers right, and adapting the top mounts is your best bet. Just be careful when you are cutting, and bolting parts to the subframe. It does not like to be bent or have stress added where it was not intended. It is thin material and will break very easily. Try to make your surface area where you attach anything as large as possible. That way you are spreading out the load through a larger area.
    Good luck, buddy! You will get er done!

Yep, I think so. I have 4 pages of diagrams I have been sketching and different ideas and such. Im trying to work this out on paper so I know it will work on bike. Im trying to figure the physics as well to see where i can move pressure points and 'weak links' and trying to see where I would need to add bracing and such. I need this to support 2 riders because Im doing it for me and wife. She thinks it will be cool when complete. I will try and get more pics this weekend. Im gonna be home thursday morning and plan on being home till monday.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast