Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell 1125R-CR

Cool was just curious that carbon look great

Thanks. I thought so too... Im gonna order the front and rear fenders too and still need to get the GPR steer damper

Corpus Christi HD called me and said my parts made it in so gonna pickup on Wednesday, which included the clubmans, new brake and clutch cables, the SCG rear mono shock, and some small ' nick-naks' as they say. I think the XB lightning tail is gonna be pushed to the side for now. I really want to do some serious homework on this because I want everything to be documented on the conversion so others can see how I did it. Im putting everything on paper and such with measurements and pics and all that good stuff. I will for sure have bars on Thursday and will be 'rideable' Thursday nite. Will try and get some pics and post them. Any ideas, ya'll let me know.

Update: I got clubman bars on and they look sweet! I think im gonna scrap idea with my renthal clip-on bars and stick with the stock clubmans. I dont think i was gonna like them but i do love them. As for other parts, the XB12scg rear shock would not fit on my 1125r. I thought it would help maybe lower it a bit but it was actually longer- 13.25" and the stock 1125R was- 12.75". The stock brake cable was same length as brake cable ordered so those parts are going back to harley next week. I need to order the stock mirrors for clubman bars. I have no mirrors now so its very unusual driving and having to turn around all the time to see if cops are chasing me :D. I re-wrapped exhaust pipes with black wrap and then painted with extreme temp black paint, added more LED's to undercarriage and swingarm so bike looks even better at night when riding the -strip-. I will try and get more pics when I get to the house this weekend.

Update, I road bike this weekend with wife with the stock tail section and rode the beach-n-bikerfest. It was ok but bike is still overheating. I have a new thermostat on order and may look into the Evans coolant. Im thinking of scrapping my idea of the scg tail and gonna go for a 'custom' fiberglass mini tail instead. I have the mini subframe and undertail and gonna design something from there. I may be getting a 2008 firebolt soon and will throw the scg tail on it and maybe wife can ride it. I will try and get some pics.

im interested in this conversion myself. however i just want to put the CR fairing on instead of the R.

do you have some recent pics?

would love to see what it looks like now

Lazerface -

Not THAT difficult to imagine....it'll look like a.......wait.......1125CR..!

Mike

P.S. - one of these days I'll collect enough stuff to do the "S" swap to my CR.

Yes I do have pics from weekend but havent down loaded them yet. They are on wifes camera. Will post as soon as she emails them to me. Im over 500 miles away now and wont be back at the house till tomorrow sometime.

Here are update photos from over weekend. Let me know what you think so far.

Looks great!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast